Watch Dogs Hype Thread!

Started by nnodley, May 03, 2014, 12:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I'm watching monuments man. I'll head out later.

I'm going to bed.  I'll head out like 20 months from now when I get a PS4. 

7H3

I'm watching conan o'brian
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

There are a lot more people here than there were for the Titanfall and Dark Souls II release.

7H3

hmm well no midnight digital release so far... )o:

the-pi-guy

There are a lot more people here than there were for the Titanfall and Dark Souls II release.

Cool.  Not surprised by Dark Souls 2, but interesting about Titanfall. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

What version seems to be selling the most?

Raven

Cool.  Not surprised by Dark Souls 2, but interesting about Titanfall. 

They were released the same day.

Raven

What version seems to be selling the most?

PS4 by quite a bit apparently.

Mmm_fish_tacos

7H3

I don't know why I bother to think I will get my digital release at a reasonable time ever... infamous wasn't even out by 1 am my time...

Raven

I asked the manager. He said it wasn't even close. He only had four pre-orders for X1. He just went through 37 copies for PS4 and he said he has about that many that haven't been picked up yet.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I asked the manager. He said it wasn't even close. He only had four pre-orders for X1. He just went through 37 copies for PS4 and he said he has about that many that haven't been picked up yet.

NPD is going to be interesting, wonder if ps4 will see a boost

Legend

Probably. Mlb was the only bigish game last month right?

Raven

May 27, 2014, 05:38 AM Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:40 AM by Raven
Just played through the first hour of the game. Here's what I can say about it so far. First, the game looks just fine. It's not a jaw dropper but it's not the "last gen" looking game people were freaking out about. The framerate is smooth. If this game is running at 30fps then I can't tell. It seems like it's running higher.

This game plays like GTA. No mistake. This is most definitely a clone. The driving feels a little slippery by comparison but I think it feels a little more realistic. Whether that's good or bad is up to you. Hacking is obviously what sets the game apart and just by the opening gameplay you can tell that there are going to be a lot of involving hacking situations.

I haven't been involved in any combat yet but I did have to do a fair amount of sneaking. Though the cover system is nice it can also feel a little sticky which is something that annoys me. There is some crafting which honestly surprised me.

What I like most so far are the NPCs. A couple kissing each other, another couple fighting, people reacting to me and to each other in a fashion more realistic than GTA, and plenty of them around. The city doesn't feel nearly dead like Infamous: Second Son. You really get the sense that these people are living their lives. Not just walking around because the developer gods told them to be present as obstacles or fodder. They're not the pinnacle of AI but from what I've seen Ubisoft has done a good job making the world feel alive with people. Though I could have just been witnessing pure scripted actions for the opening scenes. I'll find out later.

Liking it so far. I'm just too tired to play a game that feels like it's going to be very involving.

DD_Bwest

how big was initial install?   was there a day 1 patch?

Go Up