VizionEck Cube Royale OT: the phantom game

Started by Legend, Mar 12, 2018, 11:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Legend

SWORDF1SH

Sound just takes a lot of work.
It's not the end of the world if you don't have it but it's satisfying and useful to have that certain sound to confirm your kills.

Xevross

Yeah. The way COD does kill confirmation is the most satisfying for me. Number pop-ups and a nice satisfying sound.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah. The way COD does kill confirmation is the most satisfying for me. Number pop-ups and a nice satisfying sound.
Also when bullets make contact

Legend

Do you have a youtube example showing the kill sound? The WW2 footage I found has a somewhat similar score popup to what I'm doing but I can't hear anything but bullets.

It's not the end of the world if you don't have it but it's satisfying and useful to have that certain sound to confirm your kills.
Yeah repetitive positive sounds are really powerful. I need a sound for cubes exploding so I might just slightly modify that if it's your own kill.

Also when bullets make contact
I've been working on that too, although in my case it's lightning.

Xevross

Apr 15, 2018, 08:52 PM Last Edit: Apr 15, 2018, 08:54 PM by Xevross
Do you have a youtube example showing the kill sound? The WW2 footage I found has a somewhat similar score popup to what I'm doing but I can't hear anything but bullets.
Yeah repetitive positive sounds are really powerful. I need a sound for cubes exploding so I might just slightly modify that if it's your own kill.
I've been working on that too, although in my case it's lightning.
Idk if you want a better video but when you hit with a bullet in cod, this sound plays:

Its hard to explain how satisfying it is to hear it. COD would be quite a lot worse without it.

Edit: actually here's a good video of the sounds in action

Something like this for hits and kills would be great.

SWORDF1SH

My favourite is Killzone. Loved hearing that sound.
It's also useful to notify you of a kill for kills with grenades, mines, long distance and any other kill you can't see or hard to see.

Legend

My favourite is Killzone. Loved hearing that sound.
It's also useful to notify you of a kill for kills with grenades, mines, long distance and any other kill you can't see or hard to see.

Killzone 3 was great. It was the first FPS I actually enjoyed the online multiplayer of.

Also just with all this talk about FPS games, remember Cube Royale is not really an FPS. 1v1 is its bread and butter.

Legend

Please become a full member to view this content.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to give cubes a unique identifier. This is with a semi-glowing outline. What are your thoughts?

Dr. Pezus

Please become a full member to view this content.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to give cubes a unique identifier. This is with a semi-glowing outline. What are your thoughts?
Looks good. Maybe the health bar could be colored?

SWORDF1SH

Killzone 3 was great. It was the first FPS I actually enjoyed the online multiplayer of.

Also just with all this talk about FPS games, remember Cube Royale is not really an FPS. 1v1 is its bread and butter.
If 1v 1 is the main focus then it becomes a lot less useful.

Legend

I am focusing on AI right now and just getting it finished up. Won't be perfect but will be great for casual play/practice. I've been dealing with some personal things but I'm getting back into the mindset and am now feeling pretty good about the game.

NeverDies

I feel pretty good about your game too! ;D
It's really fun giving you feedback on ideas you're contemplating.

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Legend

I was out of town for a wedding and now I'm back to work.

Sorting out matchmaking right now and getting that cleaned up for regular use. Seems it's going to be pretty simple and have 3 basic options for playing. There will be the standard online mode that just searches for other people wanting to play a match and puts everyone together. Might be able to vote on the map or game mode, but the server is in charge. The second is the standard offline mode. You can setup the map however you want and just play locally. The third option is "hosting" your own online match. This allows you to set everything up like you want and then play with whoever you invite in a private match. Would work with LAN too.

*not a host in the P2P sense.

Go Up