Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town* | PS4
Soundfall | PS4, PS5

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow | PS4, PS5
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light | PS4, PS5
Pursuit Force | PS4, PS5
Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered | PS4

Era

kitler53

dang, sony is kind of killing it lately on the ps+ extra.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Deathloop is $15.

Also bought Final Fantasy XVI. Will be my 1 game I buy new this year.

Dr. Pezus

Deathloop is $15.

I still have yet to play deathloop despite having it through Plus

kitler53

I still have yet to play deathloop despite having it through Plus
i also found "free" via plus extra to be just a bit too much...

kitler53

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/06/14/playstation-plus-game-catalog-for-june-ps5-game-streaming-news-update-for-premium-members/

First off, we have very exciting news for PlayStation Plus Premium members. We're currently testing cloud streaming for supported PS5 games - this includes PS5 titles from the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog and Game Trials, as well as supported digital PS5 titles that players own. When this feature launches, cloud game streaming for supported PS5 titles will be available for  use directly on your PS5 console. That means as a Premium member, it'll be easier to jump into your favorite games without downloading them first onto your PS5 console. Our goal is to add this as an additional benefit to PlayStation Plus Premium as part of our ongoing efforts to enhance the value of PlayStation Plus.  
have we talked about this yet?

1. i'm like pretty confident that projectQ owners will be able to directly play without remoting into their ps5 which is a big reason why this peripheral makes sense. 

2. i'm cautiously optimistic about this.  could get me to upgrade to premium.   i've had trouble managing space on my ps5 with how many games my son wants access to.  the devil is in the details though and there is 1 specific detail i need to know: save data management.   this HAS to be implemented so that i can start playing a game on streaming while downloading the title and once it is downloaded i can load up the local version without losing progress.   similarly,.. if i have a game in progress and i'm on vacation the cloud version needs to pick up my save file (that has been saved to cloud storage) too.

if sony can manage both of those i may even pick up a projectQ for weekend mornings when my kids monopolize my ps4/5.

Legend

It sounds like just continuing in Microsoft's footsteps. Sony obviously did streaming first but gamepass has included streaming for a long time.

Horizon

Deathloop is $15.

Lol I've bought Forspoken, Hogwarts and Jedi so far this year. FF16 is next on the list.

kitler53

Jun 20, 2023, 01:16 PM Last Edit: Jun 20, 2023, 01:32 PM by kitler53
Lol I've bought Forspoken, Hogwarts and Jedi so far this year. FF16 is next on the list.
I couldn't imagine ever buying that many new games in a year.  especially after ps+ extra.

yeah I want to play all of those games but also I want to play
- ghost of Tsushima
- TLoU 2
- returnal
- Valkyria Chronicles 4
- horizon FW
- the first Jedi game
- death stranding
- mass effect trilogy
- control
- and about 5 dozen more games I can't be bothered to list that I all already own/have access to for far less than full price.

It sounds like just continuing in Microsoft's footsteps. Sony obviously did streaming first but gamepass has included streaming for a long time.
correct me if I'm wrong but after my <2 min of research it looks like streaming is only for a subset of supported gamepass games. 

Sony states not only that but also "supported digital PS5 titles that players own". I personally think that's an important detail for me to care about cloud play. 

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

2020: TLOU 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Demon's Souls, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, Astro's Playroom, Future of Gaming, September Showcase

2021: Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Destruction All Stars, September Showcase, Housemarque, Bluepoint, Firesprite, Valkyrie, Nixxes acquisitions

2022: God of War 2, Horizon 2, Gran Turismo 7, Haven Studios, Bungie, Savage Game Studios acquisitions

2023:  June showcase, Horizon Cotm, Spider-Man 2, Firewalk acquisition, Helldivers 2, PSVR2 launch

I feel like 2020 and 2022 were great years for games.

2021 wasn't a great year for games, but it at least felt like Sony was building up an army for future games.

2023 has been pretty boring. The showcase wasn't great.

Legend

Yeah. 2020 and 2022 were great. Haven't played any playstation this year.

Legend

Dreams is a monthly free game on PS+. I'd love to get it, but it's also just $15 to buy on its own.

Not sure if now's the time to resub or not.

the-pi-guy

It's understood that the development of Cronos began 5 years ago due to the complexity surrounding the PlayStation 5's SSD. Whilst the SSD is very fast in the PS5, it created a new challenge that made it impossible for Sony to develop the infrastructure needed using current technology on the market (functionality, latency, etc.). This meant that Sony, under the Future Technology Group, designed a completely new network storage solution based on PCIe (NTB) which leverages NTB and the PS5 I/O co-processors.

The final product is a custom storage server under the codename 'Kura' which reads up to 5 GB/s with <1ms latency.

Sources said that Sony will have a total of 28 data centers across 15 metros for the PS5 Cloud streaming rollout, with its plans to fully launch the feature in FY23 (April 2023 - March 2024).
https://insider-gaming.com/ps5-cloud-streaming-cronos/

Go Up