Horizon Zero Dawn Releases Feb 28th 2017

Started by Xevross, Jun 06, 2016, 03:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

BananaKing

i hope the trailer wasnt too revealing when it comes to plot and details.

i think after E3 its a media block out for me.

the-pi-guy

i hope the trailer wasnt too revealing when it comes to plot and details.

i think after E3 its a media block out for me.
Same.  

Someone needs to rub this game on my body.  

DerNebel

People complaining about the dialogue, kinda see where they are coming from.

Everything else still looks awesome.

BananaKing

People complaining about the dialogue, kinda see where they are coming from.

Everything else still looks awesome.
it was okay, not fantastic, but it wasnt bad either. i really liked some parts of it.

i do wonder if that really is how the game looks like now. sure they gotta fix some pop in, but its still 8 months away, a lot can happen then.

Raven

Same.  

Someone needs to rub this game on my body.  

;D

DerNebel

it was okay, not fantastic, but it wasnt bad either. i really liked some parts of it.

i do wonder if that really is how the game looks like now. sure they gotta fix some pop in, but its still 8 months away, a lot can happen then.
Well it definitely looks very different from when it was first shown, a lot better, who knows maybe it really is PS4k footage. We don't really have any way of finding out until (hopefully) February 28th.

Can't wait to see a real gameplay demo of this next week.

BananaKing

Well it definitely looks very different from when it was first shown, a lot better, who knows maybe it really is PS4k footage. We don't really have any way of finding out until (hopefully) February 28th.

Can't wait to see a real gameplay demo of this next week.
i hope the demo shows off weather/night footage, would be great. i really cant wait to see more. i am most hyped for this game at E3 this year, even more than GoW or any other new announcement. only thing that could beat it would be a RDR2

DerNebel

i hope the demo shows off weather/night footage, would be great. i really cant wait to see more. i am most hyped for this game at E3 this year, even more than GoW or any other new announcement. only thing that could beat it would be a RDR2
It's a pretty big deal for Sony as well, it seems to replace Uncharted 4 as the headliner for their E3 this year, seeing as they got a huge Horizon banner in LA at the moment.

For me it's still not quite beating Persona 5, but it's definitely up their on my most anticipated games list.

BananaKing

It's a pretty big deal for Sony as well, it seems to replace Uncharted 4 as the headliner for their E3 this year, seeing as they got a huge Horizon banner in LA at the moment.

For me it's still not quite beating Persona 5, but it's definitely up their on my most anticipated games list.
its also their chance to have a massive new IP on their hands, Horizon has so much potential, and with games like the witcher 3 and fallout 4 selling gang busters, i can see a market for this game, a big one. and i am sure sony do so as well.

if they have this being a 5 million seller or more, it can start a pretty big franchise for Sony, one on the scale of Uncharted.

DerNebel

its also their chance to have a massive new IP on their hands, Horizon has so much potential, and with games like the witcher 3 and fallout 4 selling gang busters, i can see a market for this game, a big one. and i am sure sony do so as well.

if they have this being a 5 million seller or more, it can start a pretty big franchise for Sony, one on the scale of Uncharted.
True, the game pretty much just has to deliver quality and it will be huge I think.

Raven

One way or the other, Sony needs one of their other studios to step up in the blockbuster department. They can't lean so heavily on Naughty Dog. A big, fresh franchise from a different studio would be a huge deal.

BananaKing

One way or the other, Sony needs one of their other studios to step up in the blockbuster department. They can't lean so heavily on Naughty Dog. A big, fresh franchise from a different studio would be a huge deal.
yeah last gen they had Littlebigplanet be huge, Gran Turismo sold shame loads (specially GT5), Uncharted blew up, TLoU was insane, and GoW (well GoW3 at least) was really big. add that to other smaller successes like KZ2/3, Infamous1/2 and Heavy Rain.

This gen they had games sell well, but nothing Major until Uncharted 4 came along, and while GTS is going to be big, its not going to be nearly as big as older GT games. plus, they need more, and i agree, you cant just depend on ND for doing that.

The Order 1886 was supposed to be their next big IP, but we all know how that turned out. Driveclub sadly didnt meat expectations, and SSM's new IP got canned. i think they are hoping Dead Dont Ride to be a big success as well, but we cant comment until we see it.

but yeah, as a first party, they need these huge success's, specially since Sony fund a lot of projects that are rather unique and different which are pretty big Risks, like Detroit Become Human or wild.

DerNebel

Maybe Dead Don't Ride will get a similar reaction to Horizon.

If Sucker Punch is really making a Spider Man game, then that's almost a guaranteed hit.

God of War 4 will be big too of course.

Overall I think they are fairly well positioned when it comes to growing internal IP.

But like I've said, I still think the studio to watch this gen will be Sony Japan, just look at this (entirely worthless) article...gimme that FF level JRPG guys!!!

ethomaz

Nice.

That pretty much confirms TLG for this year.

Go Up