PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I'm not signing but: https://www.change.org/p/valve-remove-the-paid-content-of-the-steam-workshop

56,163 supporters

93,381 supporters

Yeah Valve fudged up.

Good idea or not, the community reaction has been extremely negative. I wonder just how severe the fallback will be from this. Will Valve slowly just abandon this idea and let it die from obscurity? Will they come out with a press release saying consumers suck similar to XBO dropping online DRM? Or will people finally stop praising Gaben and seriously saying "PC Master race?"

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well I can run elite dangerous 2700 at 45-60 fps and dips in to the 30's. Not bad.

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Gezz, my card is spinning up quite loudly today. Wonder what's up. Anyone know how to check the fan speed and temp. I thought i found it before but i can't seem to find it now.

3x downsample, and yes my card was getting loud before that. :) , surprisingly it stayed a playable 45 FPS with everything cranked to the max. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Not the best shot, I'll try to grab some better ones later.

Legend

I never realized how bad the textures look inside those buildings.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah, I was looking at that too, for some reason fps takes a hit inside one of those star ports than on the outside. 

FLGibsonIII

I disagree the modder should only get 25%. mods add so much longevity to a game and people continue to buy games because of the support mods add.
Edit: plus the modder made 100% of the content. I don't think sitting on a ip and letting other people create content is worth 50% of the revenue. I think it should be 25% valve 25% Beth 50% modder. I don't even think a paywall should be a thing. I think a donation button would be better.
All aboard the hype train.

Legend

I disagree the modder should only get 25%. mods add so much longevity to a game and people continue to buy games because of the support mods add.

Yes mods add a lot to games, but until now they haven't been modding for the money. 25% is a whole lot better than 0%.

Plus, modders are third on the Totem pole. Game developer is obviously first while steam is second. 45% to dev, 30% to Steam, and 25% to the mod maker. The 30% going to Valve is industry standard and perfectly fine. That's not changing.

So then you have 70% to split up between the mod maker and game developer. Would you really think the modder deserves more than the devs themselves? Doing so might be good business as a way to help support the mod community sure, but from a manhours/fairpercent perspective it's ludicrous.

Go Up