PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

How it been going in game for you?

Good at trading, bad at everything else haha. I spent a bunch of credits on a fighting ship and some nice guns, only to find out that I didn't have enough energy to power it. When I pulled out my guns, life support and other systems would fail. So with only a few credits to my name, I went back to trading. After building up like 15 grand, I outfitted my ship with a mining laser and refinery so that I could try mining. Took a long time to get anything usable, and the money was pitiful compared to what I'd get from contracts and trading. So I switched back to contract work.

Then like an hour ago I decided to go all out with trading and not bother with contracts. I sold all my mining equipment and weapons, then got a total of 12 cargo spaces and a better warp drive. Since then pretty easily I've made it up to like 80 thousand credits!

HBU?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Good at trading, bad at everything else haha. I spent a bunch of credits on a fighting ship and some nice guns, only to find out that I didn't have enough energy to power it. When I pulled out my guns, life support and other systems would fail. So with only a few credits to my name, I went back to trading. After building up like 15 grand, I outfitted my ship with a mining laser and refinery so that I could try mining. Took a long time to get anything usable, and the money was pitiful compared to what I'd get from contracts and trading. So I switched back to contract work.

Then like an hour ago I decided to go all out with trading and not bother with contracts. I sold all my mining equipment and weapons, then got a total of 12 cargo spaces and a better warp drive. Since then pretty easily I've made it up to like 80 thousand credits!

HBU?

I've made 10,000 credits, I'm really lost, I took a contract and when I got to the location to find the transmission I couldn't find it. I don't know how to start off making good money.

Legend

I've made 10,000 credits, I'm really lost, I took a contract and when I got to the location to find the transmission I couldn't find it. I don't know how to start off making good money.

For transmissions, you need to investigate weak/strong/unidentified signals. Go to the system and just fly around. If you see one of the signals, lock on and disengage supercruise once close enough.

Then you'll find "something," hopefully a transmission.

For food and trade missions, you can see which places have it in the galaxy map. Filter to just that commodity, and look for places that show trade routes coming from them.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm about to give up on this game, 15 hours in and i just can't make money, I travel from here to there doing stupid missions that don't pay shame, most of the time i can't find what i'm looking for and i decided to buy everything i need to mine, at least i thought i did. Found some gold and it wont let me hold it now. Really wish the game wasn't so sand box and gave you a starting path to make it more fun. Maybe star citizen will be better.

I have no Idea how the xbox fan base it going to take this game. I don't think they'll like it much. looking at the games that do sell on xbox and this.. It doesn't stand a chance to do well.

Legend

I'm about to give up on this game, 15 hours in and i just can't make money, I travel from here to there doing stupid missions that don't pay shame, most of the time i can't find what i'm looking for and i decided to buy everything i need to mine, at least i thought i did. Found some gold and it wont let me hold it now. Really wish the game wasn't so sand box and gave you a starting path to make it more fun. Maybe star citizen will be better.

I have no Idea how the xbox fan base it going to take this game. I don't think they'll like it much. looking at the games that do sell on xbox and this.. It doesn't stand a chance to do well.

Yeah it is seriously confusing and hard to get into. I was the exact same as you, but eventually I found my way. Also how much are you making from missions? I was happy when I'd make a few grand.

For the console release they're probably going to add much better tutorials and training. Also don't worry fish! The game is continually be upgraded with free DLC. Maybe in a few months you'll like it better.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Do you guys think it would be worth upgrading my cpu to something Intel? What cpu would be good or at least better than what I have. I'm thinking about doing this and selling my board and cpu to a friend so maybe he'll get in gear and build his rig. What do you guys think? Also, Amazon has the gtx970 on sale with the Witcher 3 for like 300, I might get my second gpu too.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Never mind, it wouldn't be worth upgrading, I'd need to spend some serious cash. I might just upgrade to the top end of amd and sell him my processer for a decent price. At least that would get him started. And be a whole lot cheaper on me with decent performance boost.

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apr 22, 2015, 06:50 PM Last Edit: Apr 22, 2015, 06:53 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos

Sweet shot.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Dr. Pezus

This game looks awesome. A lot like a sidescrolling Hotline Miami

Go Up