PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

My 970 looks good. Has a glowing blue "windforce" on it. I can then control that light through graphics settings.

can you turn it red? and which on did you get?

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm going to guess this is the one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125684#  I do like the back plate, which is something else i wanted because the fans will be facing down in my case, and i can paint some red to match the case. maybe pin stripe the edges leaving the center black.

Legend

I'm going to guess this is the one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125684#  I do like the back plate, which is something else i wanted because the fans will be facing down in my case, and i can paint some red to match the case. maybe pin stripe the edges leaving the center black.

Yeah that's the one. Light is only blue or at least I don't know of a color setting for it. Can just turn it off too.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah that's the one. Light is only blue or at least I don't know of a color setting for it. Can just turn it off too.

Did you get free games with yours? 

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Nope.

dang. Should have gotten one over Christmas.

Anyone think it's worth 200 extra for the 980?

Legend

The $200 is a huge jump up when the 970 is only $350ish.

Are you doing anything that'll need the extra video ram?

Mmm_fish_tacos

The $200 is a huge jump up when the 970 is only $350ish.

Are you doing anything that'll need the extra video ram?

NA, just wanted to down sample from 4k.

And to those that might watch card prices. How long will it take the 980 to drop 200?

Legend

And to those that might watch card prices. How long will it take the 980 to drop 200?

No clue. You're asking the wrong guy haha.

the-pi-guy

No, I'd argue no even with the RAM issue.

Mmm_fish_tacos

No, I'd argue no even with the RAM issue.

Yeah, I found a site that said it was only a 20 percent difference. Dosent sound like 200 more to me. When you could sli for a bit more than one 980 and get 80 percent more abouts.

the-pi-guy

They don't really drop prices unless they need to.  If AMD comes out and makes them a bad deal, or the next generation of Nvidia. 
So probably a year away, except I'm not sure about AMD. 

Xbro

3 people like this

Go Up