PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

7H3

maybe you need a better modem?
or perhaps it's your ethernet / wifi chip/card on the computer?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BasilZero

So I bought that crazy good deal that was going on for the SEGA GENESIS Classics collection Pack #1-#5.

It was on sale for $2.44 few days ago but it sold out instantly.

It became available again today but the price went up to $5 or so.

I had some amazon credit thanks to the Bing Promotion so I took advantage and got 50 games for the price of $1 :D!

All for steam btw. My DLC number went from 361 to 411 lol.

darkknightkryta

The thing is. I dont need to get my full 100 across wifi. My ps4 is hardwired. It shouldn't be a problem. I don't think port forwarding is working at all.

You don't port forward for a wired connection.  It's for wireless connections only. At least if I'm remembering everything right.

Mmm_fish_tacos

You don't port forward for a wired connection.  It's for wireless connections only. At least if I'm remembering everything right.

I'm not saying your wrong, as it does make sense. But it help a lot with my old router. It was doing 12 down and after portfowarding it was doing 40.

This new router tho... Portfowarding does noting, Dmz does nothing, shutting off the firewall does nothing.

I have a tech coming out today. He better have a few routers with him cause he isn't leaving till its fixed.

darkknightkryta

I'm not saying your wrong, as it does make sense. But it help a lot with my old router. It was doing 12 down and after portfowarding it was doing 40.

This new router tho... Portfowarding does noting, Dmz does nothing, shutting off the firewall does nothing.

I have a tech coming out today. He better have a few routers with him cause he isn't leaving till its fixed.

I can be wrong.  I just remember port forwarding was to give you wired like connection speeds.

7H3

I can be wrong.  I just remember port forwarding was to give you wired like connection speeds.

I thought port forwarding was to bypass security checks or to have better connection to services like VOIP, I'm sure a lot of people that are HxC PC gamers are hard wired and utilize port forwarding. I remember setting up port forwarding for Dust514 on PS3 for the game itself as well as VOIP for that game separately and it did improve those connections.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

I'd like to get a 1080p monitor so I can set my monitor and TV to display the same thing. 

Dr. Pezus

I'd like to get a 1080p monitor so I can set my monitor and TV to display the same thing. 
You can't?

the-pi-guy

You can't?

If I do, it goes down to the lowest resolution. 
So I'd have a 1080p TV displaying 1280x1024.  Which isn't as nice. 

Dr. Pezus

If I do, it goes down to the lowest resolution. 
So I'd have a 1080p TV displaying 1280x1024.  Which isn't as nice. 
Interesting. I'm not sure if that happens with mine (I usually extend anyway, instead of duplicating)

the-pi-guy

Interesting. I'm not sure if that happens with mine (I usually extend anyway, instead of duplicating)

Extending doesn't depend on resolution.  That's what I do right now, and have my TV set to primary which means to log in, I have to turn on my TV, and some things don't like to be moved over to the secondary monitor. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

At least i'm getting this constant hardwired now. I hope this guys that's coming can fix my slow WiFi speeds and the hardwired speed i'm receiving on the PlayStation.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I have 30 pc games now! Thanks humble bundle and Pi guy!

BasilZero

I have 30 pc games now! Thanks humble bundle and Pi guy!

Whats your Steam name :o?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Whats your Steam name :o?

Oh crud.. It's either Mmmfishtacos, or Mmm_fish_tacos. I had to shame the pc down cause the tech is here. Once I boot it back up I'll let you know for sure.

Go Up