PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Thanks.

I'm sticking with the Samsung SSD since I'm a samsung fanboy, and I've also ordered it hahaha.

Will probably change to that psu or something cheaper though. Thanks for the links.

Updates on my build.

Ordered the ssd, hdd, and video card off amazon. All I have left is the ram, mobo, psu, case, and disc drive.

Which GPU did you get? 

darkknightkryta

Tried looking up some builds for a PC

I went to pcpartpicker and it is so intimidating because theres hundreds of builds around the same price and I have no idea which one would be the best

I know now I will need at least one thousand two hundred dollars canadian to build a good PC sorry for not using numbers my keyboard is so iced up right now

I want to make one that is a little big future proof as im sure i can get one now for like seven hundred or eight but i want it to last for a while plus i want to play all the latest games on high settings sixty fps

I guess Ill wait till next holiday probably by then they will have a ton of price drops because right now twelve hundred is a bit much and it sucks that the canadian dollar is messed up in comparison to the american dollar everything is so much more expensive now

You can never future proof a computer.  Whatever video card you buy now will be obsolete in 6 months.

the-pi-guy

You can never future proof a computer.  Whatever video card you buy now will be obsolete in 6 months.

A bit dramatic of the use of "obsolete." 
Were he to buy a top of the line GPU, then yeah, it wouldn't be top of the line in 6 months.  But I'd hardly call that obsolete.  Still be usable for years. 

Legend

Which GPU did you get? 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NH5T1MS/?tag=pcpapi-20

It's flipping huge so I've going to definitely have to go with a different case. I went with this one because it had better reviews than the one I was looking at, and I like the multiple display ports. Plus I have Amazon Prime so yah!

I've also figured out my PSU. This one is cheaper, and is one of the best PSUs on the market. Comes with a 10 year warranty.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

the-pi-guy

It's flipping huge so I've going to definitely have to go with a different case. I went with this one because it had better reviews than the one I was looking at, and I like the multiple display ports. Plus I have Amazon Prime so yah!
I've also figured out my PSU. This one is cheaper, and is one of the best PSUs on the market. Comes with a 10 year warranty.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

GPU - Oh yeah, that one's giant. 
PSU - lol, everyone I know is getting that.  I got the 850, then I got my friend Michael to get the 750 when his PSU didn't work out.  Then I got Tacos to go that way too.  :D   It had amazing reviews. 

the-pi-guy

Riderz1337

I just mean I want to get something that I will not have to replace in the near future

I do not want to get a mid end GPU right now and then have to replace it in a couple of months

I would rather get something a little more high end so that even in the near future I probably would not have to worry whether or not my pc could run a game
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Riderz1337

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/y82hTW
This was my build.

that seems very good

How does it run some of the more demanding games? Games that are really only next gen only and pc not cross gen games

the-pi-guy

that seems very good

How does it run some of the more demanding games? Games that are really only next gen only and pc not cross gen games

I'm running Ryse at high settings 1080p@60 fps most of the time. 
Where as XB1 is 900p@30fps.
Also I can fairly easily add another GPU. 

Riderz1337

I'm running Ryse at high settings 1080p@60 fps most of the time. 
Where as XB1 is 900p@30fps.
Also I can fairly easily add another GPU. 

Also I noticed your setup does not have a CPU cooler do some builds not need one or something? And how much do you think you spent on other accesories for your build such as mouse keyboard etc if you even bought any of that

Legend

Also I noticed your setup does not have a CPU cooler do some builds not need one or something? And how much do you think you spent on other accesories for your build such as mouse keyboard etc if you even bought any of that

CPUs come with fans. It's only if you overclock or have issues then you need a better cooler.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Amazon is the way to go, even if you save few dollars buying somewhere else. The RMA process is so much better than newegg if you have to return a part. They don't even have you send it back first, they ship it out right when you do the RMA and give you 30 days to return. Plus the return shipping is free, but that might be because i'm a prime member, not sure.  I just love amazon and they deserve the success they've earned over the years.

Riderz1337

CPUs come with fans. It's only if you overclock or have issues then you need a better cooler.

What is every ones opinion on overclocking? Yes or no?

Mmm_fish_tacos

What is every ones opinion on overclocking? Yes or no?

I'm not really sure why you would need to do it.

the-pi-guy

Also I noticed your setup does not have a CPU cooler do some builds not need one or something? And how much do you think you spent on other accessories for your build such as mouse keyboard etc if you even bought any of that

Like Legend said.  The CPUs come with fans.  Very rare that they don't.  I haven't had any issues with the included fan. 
Mouse, keyboard, monitor, the optical drive, network card and speakers I already had. 
Mouse, Keyboard can be gotten pretty cheap 20-40$. 
Monitor is going to be somewhat expensive depending on size/resolution.  And you could use your TV. 
Optical drive maybe 20$.
Network card, difficult to find, but may be able to find one for 20$. 
Speakers, 20$ maybe more for better quality.  Less if you know where to look.  If you're using your TV, not an issue. 
As for the OS, that'll probably be the most expensive thing, barring a new monitor. 
Keep in mind those are US prices. 

Go Up