PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

No I mean why you download all of them at the same time o.O.
I usually download a game - play/finish it then back it up game and save file to my external HDD - delete the game on PC but keep the save file - rinse and repeat with another game ;o.
Although I do keep a few games such as Left 4 Dead 2, CSGO, etc.
Those are some great games! Play bioshock 1 - its good ;)

Because if I decided that I wanted to play a game one day, I'd have to wait at least a full day.  So I have it all downloaded. 
I've played Bioshock, but only the first one for the most part. 

the-pi-guy

Legend

BasilZero

Far Cry 3:
Time left 1036 h 26 min

That is some legendary internet you got there.

Dr. Pezus

Battlefield 4 on Game Time on Origin - you'll be able to play for 7 days (realtime clock) after you launch the game!

darkknightkryta

the-pi-guy

That is some legendary internet you got there.

It was going at 2 kb/s. 
Right now it's doing 3.5 kb/s for some reason.  Don't know why it's that slow. 

Dr. Pezus

Anyone here have Origin accounts that I haven't added?

Btw, what do ya'll think about Ubisoft ignoring Steam?

Dr. Pezus

Looks like the Ubisoft games are back on Steam :OO

Raven

I think that considering no one uses Uplay because it's garbage that they need to go on a big marketing campaign and improve the service before they even consider moving away from Steam. Though I can imagine that they may very well lose a lot of sales even then because of how popular Steam is. It could also hurt Steam, though. They already lost EA titles after Origin came out. If any more big publishers pursue their own thing it could be bad news for Valve.

BasilZero

Looks like the Ubisoft games are back on Steam :OO

Probably a mistake or a change of heart?

I think that considering no one uses Uplay because it's garbage that they need to go on a big marketing campaign and improve the service before they even consider moving away from Steam. Though I can imagine that they may very well lose a lot of sales even then because of how popular Steam is. It could also hurt Steam, though. They already lost EA titles after Origin came out. If any more big publishers pursue their own thing it could be bad news for Valve.

Actually each time you play a ubisoft game that came out after 2009 - you are automatically using uPlay due to the fact that the DRM requires you to log in before you are able save or even play the game. Its much more forcing than GFWL where it just prevents you from saving a game but still play the game.

Raven

Probably a mistake or a change of heart?

Actually each time you play a ubisoft game that came out after 2009 - you are automatically using uPlay due to the fact that the DRM requires you to log in before you are able save or even play the game. Its much more forcing than GFWL where it just prevents you from saving a game but still play the game.

Haha. Goes to show what games I haven't been playing on Steam since then. I'm still not sure who it would be worse for. Ubisoft or Valve.

BasilZero

Haha. Goes to show what games I haven't been playing on Steam since then. I'm still not sure who it would be worse for. Ubisoft or Valve.

In terms of how the games are operating? I would say neither - the end user is the one who has it worse since they need both uPlay and Steam to be on to play one single game......

Raven

In terms of how the games are operating? I would say neither - the end user is the one who has it worse since they need both uPlay and Steam to be on to play one single game......

I mean in regards to which company would take the bigger hit from it. Would it be Ubisoft for making their games digitally available only through their own Uplay service, which no one seems to like, or Valve for no longer be able to offer Ubisoft titles?

BasilZero

I mean in regards to which company would take the bigger hit from it. Would it be Ubisoft for making their games digitally available only through their own Uplay service, which no one seems to like, or Valve for no longer be able to offer Ubisoft titles?

Ubisoft would take the flack just like EA takes the flack for having their games Origin Only. But in the end - people will still play/buy games from companies like them.

Also in case you were wondering, ACUnity and Far Cry 4 are back on the Steam store lol - at least for now.

Go Up