PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Which side is that :o?

Consumers!!!!

Hahaha it all depends on if the backlash springs back on up tomorrow as the weekend ends. If the hate was short lived, then Valve can stay quiet while people forget.

the-pi-guy

I think mods should go back to free.
Yes, making money is good and should entice bigger and better mods. 

But in comparison to most software, can't imagine it'd get as much testing or reviews. 
With mods its a bit unpredictable to know how two mods interact. 
Not very fair to consumers if long term their expenses start crashing or bugging out somehow.  Skyrims a big game and I hardly think a day is long enough to know if it works properly. 

Valve needs and I fully expect them to change something. 

Dr. Pezus

I think paid mods can be fine if they have a way to prevent scams and the like,although I expect the community to deal with most of that themselves.

Legend

I think paid mods can be fine if they have a way to prevent scams and the like,although I expect the community to deal with most of that themselves.

When money is involved, community policement doesn't work. Piracy in the form of paid mods being re-uploaded as free will get low scores but still exist none the less.

Also, Steam's refund policy that bans you from using the Steam Community Market for 7 days has been expanded to include refunding mods purchased from the Steam Workshop

the-pi-guy

When money is involved, community policement doesn't work. Piracy in the form of paid mods being re-uploaded as free will get low scores but still exist none the less.

Also, Steam's refund policy that bans you from using the Steam Community Market for 7 days has been expanded to include refunding mods purchased from the Steam Workshop

Banned for getting a refund on a mod?  :o
Am I reading that right?
Ick.  That's terrible. 

BasilZero

Banned for getting a refund on a mod?  :o
Am I reading that right?
Ick.  That's terrible.

Technically not a ban per say - you just lose the ability to use the community market for 7 days. This is kinda like when buying a steam card or another item in the community market - you cant sell it back to the market until a few days after purchase date and time.

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

BasilZero

Legend

So paid mods are no longer on Skyrim.

Yes, I made a thread for it too.

Consumers won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmm_fish_tacos

So i'm going to order my second card this week. But, i was also thinking about ordering a DK2. I just don't know if it would be worth it, or should i just sit tight and wait for the Real deal this holiday. I really, really want to try VR though. And it seems that i can get at least what i paid for the DK2 on ebay. I'd just do a buy it now at 300. People are crazy on there trying to ask twice what the unit is worth.

the-pi-guy

Legend

So i'm going to order my second card this week. But, i was also thinking about ordering a DK2. I just don't know if it would be worth it, or should i just sit tight and wait for the Real deal this holiday. I really, really want to try VR though. And it seems that i can get at least what i paid for the DK2 on ebay. I'd just do a buy it now at 300. People are crazy on there trying to ask twice what the unit is worth.

If you have the money and technical expertise, then yeah get DK2!

Mmm_fish_tacos

If you have the money and technical expertise, then yeah get DK2!

How hard is it to set up?

Legend

How hard is it to set up?

Not bad at all, just not plug and play like the consumer version will be.

Go Up