Demon's Souls |OT| MC: 92 (91 reviews)

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 11, 2020, 12:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

A bit late, are we
Lol yeah, title needs updating.

This is why I normally do these threads, I keep updating the title when reviews come in :P

Anyway, 5 stars from TheGamer Demon's Souls PS5 Review | TheGamer (will be on Open and meta).

the-pi-guy

Lol yeah, title needs updating.

This is why I normally do these threads, I keep updating the title when reviews come in :P
I feel like most of the time, we have a separate review thread. :P

Xevross

I feel like most of the time, we have a separate review thread. :P
Most of the time we don't nowadays.

the-pi-guy

Nov 13, 2020, 04:08 PM Last Edit: Nov 13, 2020, 05:11 PM by the-pi-guy
Demon's Souls

Same rules as the GOW thread. Give a high, medium, and low prediction.

IE you expect it to get a 95 so you set that as your middle. Then you set 97 as your high because you don't think the game has a good chance of scoring above that. Then you set 88 as your low because you don't expect the game to score lower than that.

RESULTS WILL NOW BE SCORED SO THAT AN OVERALL WINNER CAN BE DETERMINED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. IF YOU HAVE THE CLOSEST PREDICTION, YOU EARN POINTS: SCORE +=100-(high prediction-low prediction)*2. IF THE FINAL MC FALLS OUTSIDE YOUR HIGH AND LOW PREDICTIONS, YOU LOSE POINTS: SCORE -=50.

Review embargo ends when the countdown ends. Feel free to post predictions and edit them up till that time.

100:
99:
98:
97:
96:
95: Nnodley
94: Pi
93: Pez, Xev, Kitler, Legend
92: Nnodley
91: Xev, Pi
90: Kitler, Legend
89: Pez
88: Nnodley, Kitler, Legend
87: Xev
86:
85: Pez, Pi

Xevross

92 meta after 5 reviews. Seems like less than 9/10 might be rare for this game but reviewers deeming it worthy of a perfect score might also be rare. Lets see how it balances out.

Xevross

9.5/10 from Digital Chumps Demon's Souls Review | digitalchumps

Not gonna lie after yesterday I was expecting reviews to start rolling in but we only got 2 today!

Seeing lots of clips and screenshots of this game and I'm getting so hyped to play it.

Dr. Pezus

9.5/10 from Digital Chumps Demon's Souls Review | digitalchumps

Not gonna lie after yesterday I was expecting reviews to start rolling in but we only got 2 today!

Seeing lots of clips and screenshots of this game and I'm getting so hyped to play it.
Reviewers are all addicted

Xevross

Nov 15, 2020, 04:00 PM Last Edit: Nov 15, 2020, 04:14 PM by Xevross
Demon's Souls Critic Reviews for PlayStation 5 - Metacritic

Now 92 after 13 reviews, getting there. Two sub-90s added. 84 from Video Chums and 88 from Multiplayer.it. A new 100 from VGC.

More than half the scores are 90 so far, I think it needs more perfect scores and 95s to hold an overall average above 90, there'll be some lower scores coming.

Edit: https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps5/demons_souls there's another 10/10 straight away.

Dr. Pezus

93 now! I think it can get 90-91 in the end. Would be great!

Legend

Is this the best reviewed launch exclusive ever? Kinda cheating since it's a remake but still. BOTW is the only other one I can think of but it's cross gen.

the-pi-guy

Nov 15, 2020, 07:08 PM Last Edit: Nov 15, 2020, 07:13 PM by the-pi-guy
Is this the best reviewed launch exclusive ever? Kinda cheating since it's a remake but still. BOTW is the only other one I can think of but it's cross gen.
Super Mario 64.

Halo 1

Xevross

Last run of reviews has been great. Another perfect score got added from Vgamers. 4/16 perfect scores is a great ratio, 1/11 wasn't.

Legend

Super Mario 64.

Halo 1
I forgot both of those were launch titles. Super Mario 64 has a surprisingly low metascore of 94!

Dr. Pezus

I forgot both of those were launch titles. Super Mario 64 has a surprisingly low metascore of 94!
DS can top it even though it's unlikely

Xevross

Nov 16, 2020, 10:21 PM Last Edit: Nov 16, 2020, 10:25 PM by Xevross

9/10 from the best bois. This game is just swimming in 9s.

Edit: just to prove the point, 9/10 from IGN https://www.ign.com/articles/demons-souls-review-2?sf132580076=1

Go Up