Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

So I'm thinking to do a revamp of this thread.  The OP will have links to posts about different NPD months, etc.  
I have no idea if/when I'd do it, but it might be nice...  

Xevross

So I'm thinking to do a revamp of this thread.  The OP will have links to posts about different NPD months, etc.  
I have no idea if/when I'd do it, but it might be nice...  
Yeah I've completely neglected this OP. I used to enjoy running it as well :'(

the-pi-guy

If people could help with posts, whenever they have time.  
Someone could do like 2018 sales, someone else could do 2017, etc.  

And then when the years are done, we could put together all the January npd's together for a post, etc.  

Yeah I've completely neglected this OP. I used to enjoy running it as well :'(
All your fault!  /s

Xevross

Apr 22, 2018, 06:46 PM Last Edit: Apr 22, 2018, 06:48 PM by Xevross
UK God of War launch is the biggest in the series history | GamesIndustry.biz

35% more first week sales than GOW3. So around 90k sales. That's a heck of a lot weaker than I was expecting. Kind of a shame, but it didn't seem so big in the UK from the circles of people I know.

And some of y'all were seriously expecting 4m+ first week... would be lucky to have sold over 2m with this UK performance.

Horizon did 120k and Uncharted 4 180k for comparison. So GoW only sold half of Uncharted 4. That's crazy.

Dr. Pezus

Yakuza 6 biggest yakuza launch yet despite GoW. dang good

the-pi-guy

March 2018 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, April 17th | Page 28 | ResetEra

no, but here's a decryptable post to help you out:

cG0gbWUgaWYgeW91IHdhbnQgdG8gYmVnaW4geW91ciBqb3VybmV5

Xevross

Spain: God of War has the 2nd best first week sales for a Sony title (behind Uncharted 4) | ResetEra

tolkir said:  
(​IMG)Spain:Week 16, 2018 - All Formats (Units)01 (NE) PS4 God of War - 67,000 / NEW 02 (01) PS4 Far Cry 5 - 3,200 / 60,000 03 (--) PS4 Assassin's Creed Origins - 3,000 / 171,000 04 (--) PS4 Destiny 2 - 3,000 / 50,000 05 (--) NSW Super Mario Odyssey - 2,500 / 240,000XX (NE) PS4 Yakuza 6 - 1,500 / NEWLTD Numbers Lego Jurassic World - PS3: >34,000 / 3DS: <34,000 / Vita: 25,000 / Wii U: 12,000Click to expand...
Other first party games: tolkir said:  
Horizon 37,000 Gran Turismo Sports 30,000 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy 27,000 I'll try to look for FW numbers of Uncharted 4. Edit: Uncharted 4 - 80,000Click to expand...
(​IMG)(​IMG) 
[/size]

God of War was huge in Spain. Seems like the UK was an anomaly for Europe.

Cute Pikachu

Fun fact:
Breath of the Wild is officially the best sellin Zelda ever even without the Wii U version(over 8 Million). With WII U version it's around 10 Million.Welcome to the big leagues Zelda.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Fun fact:
Breath of the Wild is officially the best sellin Zelda ever even without the Wii U version(over 8 Million). With WII U version it's around 10 Million.Welcome to the big leagues Zelda.
Very well deserved.

Legend

Fun fact:
That game is just so enjoyable. Kinda interesting it sold so little on Wii U. Seems most Wii U buyers were hardcore Nintendo fans and jumped to the Switch ASAP. Who would have expected that  ::)

Xevross

That game is just so enjoyable. Kinda interesting it sold so little on Wii U. Seems most Wii U buyers were hardcore Nintendo fans and jumped to the Switch ASAP. Who would have expected that  ::)
Lol yeah, crazy.

The game is extremely enjoyable, but also just incredibly high quality. I put 100 hours in and wish there was enough content for me to play 100s more hours, that gameplay just never gets old.

Also more on GoW numbers. If it performs like Spain elsewhere in Europe/ ROW then it'll probably come close to matching Uncharted 4 (with better digital). Add in a much better US performance and GoW will outperform it, and maybe pull a 3m opening week. Still possible.

Dr. Pezus

Spain: God of War has the 2nd best first week sales for a Sony title (behind Uncharted 4) | ResetEra

Other first party games: tolkir said:   (​IMG)(​IMG)  

God of War was huge in Spain. Seems like the UK was an anomaly for Europe.
Wow

It's grown a lot in Europe. If it's still huge in the US we're in for a huge first week globally

the-pi-guy

Go Up