PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

dang good month,.. especially compared to xbox's games with gold.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

oh snap, i just saw this in the psblog post:
https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/01/playstation-plus-monthly-games-for-february-evil-dead-the-game-olliolliworld-destiny-2-beyond-light-mafia-definitive-edition/

We also wanted to provide an update on the PlayStation Plus Collection that has been offered as a benefit to PlayStation Plus members on PS5 since 2020. On May 9 the PlayStation Plus Collection will no longer be offered. If you haven't redeemed the titles in this collection yet, you can still do so until May 9, which will enable you to access those titles even after this date for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.
just as ps5 availability picks up they shut down the ps plus collection.   wow.

Legend

dang good month,.. especially compared to xbox's games with gold.  
I expected ps+ games to drop to trash tear like games with gold, but so far I'm glad they haven't.

Although it's still not a good enough month to get me to resubscribe. I just need to skip one more month and then I'll have saved money vs their ps+ black friday sale.

kitler53

I expected ps+ games to drop to trash tear like games with gold, but so far I'm glad they haven't.

Although it's still not a good enough month to get me to resubscribe. I just need to skip one more month and then I'll have saved money vs their ps+ black friday sale.
if anything i think it's gotten better lately.

BananaKing

Well PS+ has given us a lot of great games throughout this gen. Specially the later half

Dr. Pezus

sony's game's under $20 sale ends today but the playstation app notified me of a bunch of games dropping in price today.

can i just say,... it's kind of tiring that there is literally always a sale going on?   it's like mostly the same titles over and over again too.  like,.. it's not a sale if you can get it at that price every other week.  just drop the dang price.  have fewer sales even if that means a smaller %drop.  have less titles in a sale because having over 1000 per sale is exhausting to look at.  have those sales drops actually be meaningful (aka FOMO if i don't secure this title at this price because it wont be on sale again for a year).

./rant
We have that issue in stores here as well. Every week there's a sale going on in many stores, usually something like 25 percent off max and more often than not mostly the same things with the more popular things never going on sale. It's just a sign that the price is too high to begin with.

kitler53

We have that issue in stores here as well. Every week there's a sale going on in many stores, usually something like 25 percent off max and more often than not mostly the same things with the more popular things never going on sale. It's just a sign that the price is too high to begin with.

completely agree with that last statement.   

i'm not a coupon kind of guy.  don't mark up the item 25% so i can pretend to feel good about getting a 25% discount literally every fudgy day.  just set the MSRP at a fair price or i'll tend not to shop there.   it's too much f'ing effort to math the sales price to figure out what the item costs.

BananaKing

Yeah as someone who buys on sale, I check psn store a lot. Abs they usually have the same games on sale for the same price/amount. And they have this kind of rotation. You have to wait a long time till new games are added to the sales or for the usual suspects to drop to a new low.

I've been waiting for the outer world to drop to a good price forever. But everytime its on sale it drops to 20~

Legend

Yeah as someone who buys on sale, I check psn store a lot. Abs they usually have the same games on sale for the same price/amount. And they have this kind of rotation. You have to wait a long time till new games are added to the sales or for the usual suspects to drop to a new low.

I've been waiting for the outer world to drop to a good price forever. But everytime its on sale it drops to 20~
https://steamdb.info/app/578650/

Haha wow you're not kidding. That's a pretty funny graph.

BananaKing

https://steamdb.info/app/578650/

Haha wow you're not kidding. That's a pretty funny graph.
dang thats an awesome catch haha.

the-pi-guy

I don't mind the sales. But it's definitely frustrating seeing the same game on sale constantly while waiting for a year for one specific game to drop on sale.

kitler53

Legend

yes.

Criticisms of VR are mostly fair, but they completely gloss over the major issues with making a portable.

Plus steam deck already has a better library of Sony games than Vita ever did. From a fan/player perspective, a next gen PlayStation handheld already exists.

kitler53

Criticisms of VR are mostly fair, but they completely gloss over the major issues with making a portable.

Plus steam deck already has a better library of Sony games than Vita ever did. From a fan/player perspective, a next gen PlayStation handheld already exists.
and a new playstation portable is excluded from having an even better library than steam deck?   last i checked the number of sony's exclusives ported to PC is pretty minimal still.  plus i don't really want a steamdeck if i have to rebuy all of my games.   i'd rather have a playstation portable (even at $400+) than a steam deck for that reason alone.  

vita wasn't perfect but it was dang close perfect for me.   i'm sure a vita 2 could outsell psvr2 at least 3fold.

Legend

and a new playstation portable is excluded from having an even better library than steam deck?   last i checked the number of sony's exclusives ported to PC is pretty minimal still.  plus i don't really want a steamdeck if i have to rebuy all of my games.   i'd rather have a playstation portable (even at $400+) than a steam deck for that reason alone.  

vita wasn't perfect but it was dang close perfect for me.   i'm sure a vita 2 could outsell psvr2 at least 3fold.
Every game lately seems to be going to PC. It's not what I'd do if I was Sony, but it's already happening. Sure seems like Sony is repeating everything Microsoft is doing so they'll probably expand PS+ to PC too. Then you wouldn't need to rebuy.

Vita was amazing. I would have loved more support and a follow up, but at this point I have zero confidence that a Sony handheld could compete against Sony's PC interests.

Go Up