PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

I mean,.. it's not a record breaking number but it's close to the record.  considering how hard it is to find one two years later it seems good. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Why does that seem bad even considering the shortages? How do sales compare to Series S/X
It's good! Would probably be about equal with ps4 without shortages.

kitler53

we'll find out fast year i think.  the shortages are not so prevalent so if there is really a huge amount of pent up demand we should see some huge numbers this year.  i kind of think that it won't come to pass,.. with the world heading into recession i think gaming will take a noticeable hit.  we're already hearing from ms/sony about a lack of "engagement" in software this year.  

SWORDF1SH

Yeah, realised it's numbers for just over 2 years and not 3 years.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Want to buy ps plus again and they currently have 12 months of premium for the same price as essential. So the whole game catalogue for 50 pounds. Do you guys recommend?

kitler53

Want to buy ps plus again and they currently have 12 months of premium for the same price as essential. So the whole game catalogue for 50 pounds. Do you guys recommend?
to each their own i suppose...

....i did a lot of "soul searching" over the holiday when i was deciding if i should resub to essential or upgrade to a higher tier.   i ended up going for extra not premium.

1. i never play demos to games.  i can see why someone else would like it but it's just not my thing.  
2. i'll "suffer" though streaming a game while at my mother-in-laws house over a holiday but i'd loath to play a full game like that.  so basically i view the ps3 games included in the service as basically non-existant.  i'd never play them,.. if the games i love like ratchet and clank
3. taking #2 into consideration,.. i found the catalog of games included in premium to just not be worth it.
4. at least for me personally,... i'm already swamped with something like a 5 year backlog of games.   i just don't need the extra extra games catalog.  i like to play games but i play games slowly.   honestly,.. the only thing that convienced me to go to extra is the cost to upgrade was reasonably small and it included a few games i really wanted to play and the cost of those 3 games was more then the sub.   i figured i'd give it a try for one year and see how it goes.

so that's my view.  i'd vote against but if you play a ton of games a year or would make use of the game trials i could see the value.  it's not like the cost differential is that high.

Dr. Pezus

to each their own i suppose...

....i did a lot of "soul searching" over the holiday when i was deciding if i should resub to essential or upgrade to a higher tier.   i ended up going for extra not premium.

1. i never play demos to games.  i can see why someone else would like it but it's just not my thing.  
2. i'll "suffer" though streaming a game while at my mother-in-laws house over a holiday but i'd loath to play a full game like that.  so basically i view the ps3 games included in the service as basically non-existant.  i'd never play them,.. if the games i love like ratchet and clank
3. taking #2 into consideration,.. i found the catalog of games included in premium to just not be worth it.
4. at least for me personally,... i'm already swamped with something like a 5 year backlog of games.   i just don't need the extra extra games catalog.  i like to play games but i play games slowly.   honestly,.. the only thing that convienced me to go to extra is the cost to upgrade was reasonably small and it included a few games i really wanted to play and the cost of those 3 games was more then the sub.   i figured i'd give it a try for one year and see how it goes.

so that's my view.  i'd vote against but if you play a ton of games a year or would make use of the game trials i could see the value.  it's not like the cost differential is that high.
Oh sorry I meant extra. Never remember the names of the tiers heh. No need for full game demos either. I have no need for the older games as well. The catalogue in extra seems very good, lots of games I want to play and still haven't like Spidey MM, Death Stranding, Demon's Souls and so on.

kitler53

Oh sorry I meant extra. Never remember the names of the tiers heh. No need for full game demos either. I have no need for the older games as well. The catalogue in extra seems very good, lots of games I want to play and still haven't like Spidey MM, Death Stranding, Demon's Souls and so on.
ah, i probably could have picked that up in your original statement since you said it was the same price as essential but i didn't.

...i've been happy with extra so far.   

1. i played stray which i really wanted to play for "free" and much sooner than i probably would have otherwise
2. i intend to play returnal.   1+2 = service paid for for a year.   ...and there are at least a couple other games i want to play like death stranding.
3. i've also download a bunch of other random games.   just started the gardens between and have the pedestrian downloaded.  kind of neat to have access to some games i've had some interest in but probably wouldn't have ever paid for.
4. it's been great for the kids.  lots of games i'm really glad i didn't pay for but the kids were pestering me about.   my kid wanted to play fluster cluck so i downloaded it.  i think we played it for under 5 minutes before we deleted it.  ...but my kid also wanted to play spitlings and it turns out it's actually a great game.  highly recommend actually.   it gives me the same vibs as when i was a kid and we would play bubble bobble for hours at a time.  anyways, the point is i'm glad to not be paying for games that my son's interest in comes entirely from the cover art.  

so yeah, overall recommend.  honestly, if you are defintly in need of essential for multiplayer like myself than the upgrade to extra is a pretty nominal cost.

the-pi-guy

PS Extra:
Back 4 Blood | PS4, PS5
Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition | PS5
Devil May Cry 5 | PS4
Life is Strange: Before the Storm | PS4
Life is Strange | PS4
Sayonara Wild Hearts | PS4
Jett: The Far Shore | PS4, PS5
Just Cause 4: Reloaded | PS4, PS5
Just Cause 4 | PS4
Omno | PS4
Erica | PS4

PlayStation Premium | Classics
Syphon Filter 3 | PS1
Star Wars Demolition | PS1
Hot Shots Golf 2 | PS1

Era Thread

kitler53

nothing in there jumping to the top of my backlog.

Dr. Pezus

Jan 11, 2023, 05:55 PM Last Edit: Jan 11, 2023, 06:11 PM by Dr. Pezus
PS Extra:
Back 4 Blood | PS4, PS5
Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition | PS5
Devil May Cry 5 | PS4
Life is Strange: Before the Storm | PS4
Life is Strange | PS4
Sayonara Wild Hearts | PS4
Jett: The Far Shore | PS4, PS5
Just Cause 4: Reloaded | PS4, PS5
Just Cause 4 | PS4
Omno | PS4
Erica | PS4

PlayStation Premium | Classics
Syphon Filter 3 | PS1
Star Wars Demolition | PS1
Hot Shots Golf 2 | PS1

Era Thread
Ooh dmc5. I have the ps4 version but was kind of waiting for the special edition.

Ooh dragon ball is supposed to be great too

Would be nice to know which games they will be removing?

kitler53

https://insider-gaming.com/playstation-5-version-7-00-update/

In addition to the Discord integration, sources have revealed that PlayStation 5 games will also be streamable on the PlayStation 5 via cloud streaming (to save that all-important drive space). It was said that this feature will be included in the PlayStation Plus Premium Tier. The feature, under the project name "Cronus" has been in development and testing for a number of months, sources revealed.
devil is in the details but i'd be excited for this maybe.

Legend

https://insider-gaming.com/playstation-5-version-7-00-update/

devil is in the details but i'd be excited for this maybe.
I tried xbox cloud streaming a few weeks ago and the video quality really sucked. Still fun to play, but I cannot imagine it being worth more than a local install.

kitler53

I tried xbox cloud streaming a few weeks ago and the video quality really sucked. Still fun to play, but I cannot imagine it being worth more than a local install.
i'd mostly play locally.   

for me this is mostly for vacations.   so like when i find myself at my mother-in-laws for a week at xmas and currently i remote play my ps5 via my ipad.   it works but there is a lost of jank having the remote play app turn the ps5 on connect to it remotely and the further i get from home the worse it functions.   i've been successful doing this in the USA but my trips to europe input lag became unbearable and in Asia I can't even establish a stable enough connection to try.  I have to imagine direct streaming of ps5 games from sony's datacenters would give me a better experience in those location far from home.

the other use case is playing with my co-op buddy.   again,.. like any time i can i'd do a local installation for the games we're "playing".   but we've had times where maybe we've finished a game unexpectedly early or maybe he's having trouble with a game he's otherwise playing solo and just wants a bit of help.  happens more often then you'd think when your friends a trophy joker....    

anyways, sometimes i just want to jump into a game and can't because i'm stuck on the wrong side of an 1 hour download time.  would be sooo nice to just play the cloud version while i wait for the game to download.   i'm probably prone to this issue more than most because i'm splitting my harddrive so much:
- my GaaS games like multiversus and rocket league
- my evergreen games like rock band
- my solo game like GoW
- my co-op game for when i play with my coop buddy
- the games i'm playing with my son
- the games my son wants to play by himself
- ...and now my daughter is getting into gaming and has games she wants to play.

...point is i just don't have any Gb to spare to download a large backlog of "games i'll play next" anymore.  i find myself deleting and redownloading games a lot trying to manage my space.  would be a really good QoL improvement is sony could take over ownership of this song and dance.   auto delete the local files of games i haven't played in too long if space is limited,.. auto download any game i try to play, and while downloading auto play the cloud version with a graceful transition to the local version when its ready.   that's probably a "too good to be true" request but i'd upgrade to premium if it could do that in a heartbeat.   waaay more valuable then access to old games to me.

Go Up