Largest most powerful rocket ever, round 2

Started by Legend, Apr 01, 2023, 08:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Legend

Apr 01, 2023, 08:22 PM Last Edit: Jul 20, 2023, 10:38 PM by Legend

This will be the hype thread for starship integrated flight test. No payload is expected to be deployed and no booster landing is expected. The rocket is expected to explode at one point or another, hopefully far enough away from the launch pad.

Legend

My countdown might be a bit too pessimistic. First launch attempt is currently set for the 10th.

Legend

17th is looking highly likely as the first attempt. This will be incredible one way or another (unless it sustains minor damage before liftoff and ends up getting thrown in the trash).

Legend

Launch license issued!

Green light go: SpaceX receives a launch license from the FAA for Starship | Ars Technica

This is easily the most significant rocket launch since 1981's first shuttle launch, and arguably the most significant launch since Apollo 11. There's no crew, the rocket will probably explode, and subsequent launches will be way more important, but every previous development in rocketry has been in the shadow of the Saturn V. Even SLS, NASA's new rocket that cost $20 billion to develop, is less capable than the Saturn V they made 50 years ago.

Legend

Really cool view of the spaceship. Everything is progressing smoothly for a launch in a little under 36 hours.

Legend

Gonna be near impossible to sleep tomorrow night. I'm really feeling the hype.

SWORDF1SH

Legend

Legend

Legend

I'm kinda feeling confident this morning. I think it's going to launch today!

Might blow up less than a minute into flight, but I don't want a scrub!

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Legend

Weather isn't as good so most likely it'll be another scrub, but the following days have even worse weather forcasts.

Legend

Go Up