All the Summer 2023 Game Shows

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 08, 2023, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Some people think the artwork looks reminiscent of Avowed.

kitler53

Some people think the artwork looks reminiscent of Avowed.
a case of seeing what they want  to see imo. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I don't think I've ever been this unexcited for an xbox show. Starfield Direct will be fun but outside of Avowed and third party stuff, is there anything from non bethesda Microsoft that would be interesting?

the-pi-guy

I don't think I've ever been this unexcited for an xbox show. Starfield Direct will be fun but outside of Avowed and third party stuff, is there anything from non bethesda Microsoft that would be interesting?
Coalition: Gears 6/new IP?
Compulsion Games: new IP
Double Fine: new IP?
Initiative: Perfect Dark
Obsidian: outer worlds
Playground: Fable
World's Edge: AoM 2??

Something from id, Indiana Jones,

Could also have some "second party" surprises like Flight Simulator by Asobo.

kitler53

oh come on guys, MS has a lot of huge annoncements to make:
- the next doom is not coming to playstation
- the next outer wilds is not coming to playstation
- the next elder scrolls is not coming to playstation
- the next psychonauts is not coming to playstation
- the next fallout is not coming to playstation
- the next wolfenstein is not coming to playstation

Legend

*outer worlds

Gears 6 has like zero hype. 5 reviewed well but players were less happy.

kitler53

*outer worlds

Gears 6 has like zero hype. 5 reviewed well but players were less happy.
I don't know much about gears specifically but I'll say this,.. Sony knows that no matter how good something is sometimes you just need to move on.  

I can't imagine the world of gears needed 6 installments. 

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Anyone want to make some guesses on a PlayStation showcase?

They seem to usually do them on Wednesdays/Thursdays:
May 17, 18
May 24, 25
May 31, June 1
June 7, 8th
No showcase
July/ September for some reason.

Legend

Sony always lets me down with their shows so I'll guess no showcase, just random states of play and a new game at the game awards.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

kitler53

Anyone want to make some guesses on a PlayStation showcase?

They seem to usually do them on Wednesdays/Thursdays:
May 17, 18
May 24, 25
May 31, June 1
June 7, 8th
No showcase
July/ September for some reason.
put me down for no showcase.   ...but i want to define that a bit.

of course sony will have more events for which they will announce and discuss games.   games have to be announced.  games have to be discussed.   when i think showcase i think the likes of an "E3 event" which means:
- a minimum of 15 games are shown
- those games cannot be indie games.   indie games can appear in a showcase but a showcase requires 15 non-indie games to be present.
- a minimum of 5 games must be 1st party.  3rd party games count but to be a showcase 1st party games must be present in force.
- a minimum of 5 games must be announcements.  already announced games with new trailers are great but there must be announcements too.  those announcements can be 1st or 3rd party.  also,.. it will qualify as an announcement even if it is "known" but it is only known via leaks.   aka if we see a trailer for TLoU mp project it qualifies as an announcement even though it is the worst kept secret in gaming.  but a gameplay trailer for spiderman 2 or wolvine doesn't qualify as an announcement.
- the show must span a minimum of 60 minutes.

generally speaking i think we all will agree of if something is a "showcase" or just a standard state of play.   however, since i fully expect 1 or more state of plays to be coming soon in the case we have arguments the above statements are the criteria on which i will just the presence or lack-there-of of a "showcase".

the-pi-guy

Legend

Would be awesome if Sony has a full show ready to go in a month. Worried though that it'll just be a state of play though since they've yet to announce it.

the-pi-guy

Would be awesome if Sony has a full show ready to go in a month. Worried though that it'll just be a state of play though since they've yet to announce it.
Sony only announces their big showcases 1 week prior to the show.

State of Plays can be anywhere from drops to 1 week. I think usually two days prior.

Go Up