The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Ridiculously
0 (0%)
Very
1 (20%)
Somewhat
0 (0%)
Not at all
0 (0%)
Depends on my mood
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

There still a shame ton of people that don't understand vr.

PlayStation VR preview: Virtual reality for the gamers. Pocket-lint - NeoGAF

not sure if it is telling stuff we don't already know TBH
First Impressions Of all the virtual reality headsets that are coming out this year, PlayStation VR won't be the most technologically advanced or even be best supported in software terms. It will though be the one that will have the most eyes on - both figuratively and literally. That's because, rather than aim at a dedicated minority, it is designed for the biggest majority in gaming at present. PS4 fans are many and varied. For that reason, it's the most exciting prospect for us. We already have the equipment needed to run it and setup should be simple. Most of the games we've seen so far are also designed for a simpler form of VR - in most of them we've been sitting - so we won't even need a massive play area to get the most from it. Yes, we would rather a higher resolution screen, like Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive, but VR for us is a living room entertainment experience and shouldn't be confined to a bedroom or study. That's where our PS4 is based and that's why PlayStation VR is a different prospect. We're just crossing everything for a reasonable price point.

PlayStation VR headset Unlike its peers, the PlayStation VR headset looks like something from science fiction. It is space-age and futuristic in style, with glowing led panels and swish lines. In addition, it fits around the head rather than feature a top strap and therefore feels a tighter on the sides and back. It is adjustable though, and the screen and processing unit is in a box that encases your eyes, much like every other VR device out there. There is a soft rim around the eye piece and padding in the band, but, if we're being honest, it feels a little heavier in build to the consumer Oculus Rift. Whether that stacks up when the specifications are finally released, we'll have to see. The headset can be tweaked to ensure the lenses are the correct distance for a clear picture by tightening the whole unit and, like many VR headsets, it is possible to wear glasses at the same time. Technically, the screen resolution is not quite as good as others that will be available to the public this year. The PlayStation VR uses a single 1920 x 1080 Full HD OLED panel - so 960 x 1080 for each eye. Some rivals use higher resolutions and different panels for each eye. However, by restricting the resolution - and let's face it, the PS4 is only capable of outputting 1080p video anyway - the headset can maintain a frame rate of 120fps. That's awesome when you consider that the Oculus Rift refreshes at 90Hz (90fps), although technically the games are likely to still run at 60fps on the console and upconverted for the headset.

PlayStation VR games and content Considering its roots, the vast number of demonstrations we've had and additional PlayStation VR software that's been announced so far centres on gaming. While the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift have also been touted in an entertainment sense beyond games, the PS VR is seen primarily as a games accessory.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/13...for-the-gamers

By the way they say the screen isn't curved. Where did you find that info Pi?

the-pi-guy

There still a shame ton of people that don't understand vr.

PlayStation VR preview: Virtual reality for the gamers. Pocket-lint - NeoGAF
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/13...for-the-gamers

By the way they say the screen isn't curved. Where did you find that info Pi?
This guy included the email.  
NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Reddit Rumor: PSVR price to be $428 (bundle) and $299 (standalone)

Originally Posted by kyser73

Where's your source for the curved screen? I've never seen it mentioned anywhere in relation to PSVR, and I consider myself reasonably well informed on it.

Sure thing, here's my source. However, it might be worth some scepticism - it appears that their details over at Sony's website don't mention the OLED panel being curved. Not sure if Sony aren't talking about it, or if the design spec has changed since that email went around.

Aura7541

the-pi-guy

Sony: "All PS4 Owners are Ready for VR" - VRFocus

That's quite a bold statement.
That doesn't make a lot of sense...  

Is it possible to use PSVR without the camera?  
Otherwise, I don't think he completely knows what's going on.

the-pi-guy

Just think, next month Oculus starts shipping.  

Dr. Pezus

Just think, next month Oculus starts shipping.  
And the world as we know it will change

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

And the world as we know it will change
I know a big change is about to happen to my wallet.

Mmm_fish_tacos

gamrConnect Forums - View Post

According to a new report, the PlayStation VR release date was accidentally leaked earlier this week, spoiling one of Sony's biggest reveals of 2016.

Vrse - a company who has produced VR experiences for major entertainment events including U2 and Saturday Night Live - is reportedly the source of the information, listing the launch as April 2016.

It is currently not possible to verify this information and could even just be an old listing, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is now scheduled to arrive in the same month, potentially creating a major clash.

To add credence to the potential leak, fans have now noticed that the PlayStation release date on Vrse's official website has now disappeared, along with the HTC Vive Summer 2016 launch and another for Apple TV.

Sony themselves have stated previously that their VR tech will be released in the first half of 2016, while other leaks have put the eventual launch later in 2016.

Sony's Virtual Reality product was posted by a Swiss online retailer, priced at 498 Swiss francs, or £347, which is significantly lower than the Rift's starting price of £499.

The same website says that the headset will be available from June 30, but nothing has been confirmed by Sony for now.

Select retailers in limited locations will be allowed to stock the Oculus Rift from April, so we could possibly see the PlayStation VR's release date and price confirmed very shortly.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/643430/PlayStation-VR-release-date-leak-2016-Sony-PS4

Personally, April seems early. But, it is possible that Sony annouces the price and release date at GDC, opens up Pre-orders right then and there, and then has a late April launch. I think that would be pretty bold, what do you guys think?

Aura7541

April is way too soon, in my opinion. The best months for Sony to release PSVR are either June or September.

kitler53

April is way too soon, in my opinion. The best months for Sony to release PSVR are either June or September.
last time they spoke they said first half 2016 so sept is too late.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well I got this on the way!

So i'll be all good to go when I get my Vr headset next month. Super hyped. Now I just have to decied how i'm going to hook it on my chair.

Legend

Doubt psvr will get a suprise release date like that. Devs need to know the date early so they can make sure their games are ready.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Doubt psvr will get a suprise release date like that. Devs need to know the date early so they can make sure their games are ready.
Do you have any idea how hot your card gets while playing elite? I'm sitting here trying to map controls because they got all iced up with my current stick somehow and it's causing the card to scream. it's only at 73, but i'm sitting in a menu, basically doing nothing..

Legend

Do you have any idea how hot your card gets while playing elite? I'm sitting here trying to map controls because they got all iced up with my current stick somehow and it's causing the card to scream. it's only at 73, but i'm sitting in a menu, basically doing nothing..
No actual data, but it seems to always run cool except for on planets.

Go Up