What types of things do you just love?

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 19, 2022, 04:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Dec 19, 2022, 04:33 PM Last Edit: Dec 19, 2022, 04:50 PM by the-pi-guy
Yeah not exactly sure how to title this.

But for example, most of us like games but what kinds of games do you really feel passionate about.

Is there a kind of game you could see yourself playing for a ridiculous portion of your life?
Is there a type of movie/TV show? 

I've been thinking about this a lot this year. I've watched two very similar shows that have a lot of similarities. And I've found I particularly love animated tv series that have overarching stories with a little bit of wacky humor, with some simple mystery elements. Shows like Gravity Falls.

It's been bugging me lately, because I want more.

SWORDF1SH

I love the type of thing that is HAPAX, but that's standard, right?
The mystery of exactly waht it is and suspense of when will it release is what does it for me.

nnodley

Uncharted and Mass Effect.  If there was just an endless supply of these games i'd game 24/7 playing them.  Just invoking that sense of adventure and wonder is amazing. Thats the games i want to play and want to make.

Legend

Right now I'm really loving immersive games with the freedom to write my own story. Hence why Starfield has been my most hyped game for years now, with Avowed in a close second.

Even non skyrim clones have been scratching that itch, like The Captain (2D choose your own adventure game), Subnautica, and Dyson Sphere Program (Factorio like).

Movie/TV show wise, and cinematic games too, I just really love stories that can impact you intellectually. SOMA was so incredible because it took a basic sci fi concept and analyzed the heck out of it. Most games/movies/tv shows only go as deep as SOMA's first hour.

The Foundation was also pretty great at this in certain ways, and both Avatars are amazing at this with some world building and sci fi.

kitler53

puzzle games.  Myst, riven, the witness, Talos principle, portal, braid, echochrome, the swapper, ect.

but really I am a fan of most genres.  I like variety.  moreso than gameplay I'm attracted to a fun colorful silly atheistic.  

ratchet, sackboy, portal 2, multiversus, tearaway, fat princes, Nintendo in general but Mario in particular, ect. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens