what to do...

Started by kitler53, Nov 23, 2022, 10:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

what to do?

kitler53

spend $30 to upgrade to extra?

spend $90 and buy everything on extra I care to play?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

I have until Black Friday ends to make a decision but I just can't decide. 

BananaKing

Neither. Play a game from your backlog

kitler53

Neither. Play a game from your backlog
whatcha talkin about Willis?    I've no intention of playing my backlog.  I've worked too long and too hard to build it into the monster it is today. 

Legend

Should I even renew PS+? With the new tiers the monthly games will be trash and I rarely play PS5 multiplayer.

kitler53

Should I even renew PS+? With the new tiers the monthly games will be trash and I rarely play PS5 multiplayer.
Are they any more trashy then before?   

I can't not pay because I'm online a lot.  If de-subbing was an option i'd do that.  

I really hate that online requires a sub. It a pretty big reason I won't buy a switch.  Hell no to buying two subs and games like mario kart are worthless without online and switch is worthless without mariokart…

the-pi-guy

Kind of feel like this hasn't changed, despite the expectation.

Actually feel like recent months have been better than they have in a while.

the-pi-guy

Personally not going to re-subscribe. Don't care that much about multiplayer, and I don't care about the free games.

I have spent quite a bit on games, but most of my spending was on games that aren't on the service anyway. So probably wouldn't even save me all that much.

But I feel better about ownership than I do about saving money.

kitler53

okay, so you guys were convincing,..  upgrade and buy the games to maximize backlog building. 

nnodley

I resubbed with premium with the discount cause ehh I'll play lots of games on the service that I haven't played. Just need to make sure I play plenty of them before I have to resub next year to make it worth it

darkknightkryta

I wasn't going to renew until my friend started coming back online.  We play Rocket League regularly.  

I decided to try the PS Plus Extra or whatever the top tier is.  I didn't mind since I used PS Now on my handheld PC.  But geez, is that thing hot garbage.  PS Now was better.

kitler53

I wasn't going to renew until my friend started coming back online.  We play Rocket League regularly.  

I decided to try the PS Plus Extra or whatever the top tier is.  I didn't mind since I used PS Now on my handheld PC.  But geez, is that thing hot garbage.  PS Now was better.
1.  rocket league is f2p now so you shouldn't need ps+ to play online

2. the streaming isn't powered by ps now?  I would of thought it was just a rebrand. 

darkknightkryta

1.  rocket league is f2p now so you shouldn't need ps+ to play online

2. the streaming isn't powered by ps now?  I would of thought it was just a rebrand.
We were playing other things. It's just that another friend hasn't been online much, so we stopped playing those other things.

It is, but PS Now had its own app and UI.  So you were able to favourite games.  So if you were browsing PS Now you could setup a quasi play list.   They also removed A LOT of games.  Kingdom Hearts doesn't make up for that loss.  Well for me it doesn't.  I have them all already.  

kitler53

Nov 25, 2022, 02:43 PM Last Edit: Nov 25, 2022, 02:47 PM by kitler53
We were playing other things. It's just that another friend hasn't been online much, so we stopped playing those other things.

It is, but PS Now had its own app and UI.  So you were able to favourite games.  So if you were browsing PS Now you could setup a quasi play list.   They also removed A LOT of games.  Kingdom Hearts doesn't make up for that loss.  Well for me it doesn't.  I have them all already.   
got it.  I thought you meant the technical quality of the streaming was degraded.  my bad.

I really feel like they missed the mark with premium. all of the games library should be in the extra tier. the premium should have been game trials and the ability to stream MY ENTIRE (digital) games catalog inclusive of the games I bought on PS3/PS5.

...licencing probably means they can't but that's a service I'd want to pay for. 

kitler53

so in the end i upgraded to extra.

immediatly downloaded stray and the gardens between.  will start returnal with my co-op buddy soon.  hoping i don't regret my decision.  $30 isn't much by i feel like i'm going to lose access to games while i'm playing them just because that will make me angry.