Twitter now owned by Elon Musk

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 04, 2022, 02:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Legend

Sounds like it's official.

Buys a company for $40+ billion and does this lol. Funnybot level humor.

nnodley

As much as he says some stupid shame, he will be way better for twitter. The place is a cesspool right now

kitler53

As much as he says some stupid shame, he will be way better for twitter. The place is a cesspool right now
it will be an even bigger cesspool under musk.  he wants to be rid of any and all moderation so it will just be a megaphone for racists and sexist and political hate speech.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

it will be an even bigger cesspool under musk.  he wants to be rid of any and all moderation so it will just be a megaphone for racists and sexist and political hate speech. 
Nothing i've seen has shown me that he wants absolutely all moderation gone.  He says its too extreme of moderation and needs pulled back and I agree.  Right now any small little opinion that challenges those on the absolute far far left you can go get cut out.  Those on both the absolute far left and the absolute far right should all be banned to be honest.  They are both absolutely toxic and can never have rational conversations. I don't fudgy tolerate any of those groups.

obviously there are some that should stayed banned that could be unbanned, but that still remains to be seen.

But anyway we will likely just agree to disagree and just wait and see.

kitler53

Free speech absolutist
https://www.npr.org/2022/10/08/1127689351/elon-musk-calls-himself-a-free-speech-absolutist-what-could-twitter-look-like-un

Plans to Fire 75% of twitter
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/elon-musk-to-fire-nearly-75-of-twitter-employees-report-3450828

the writing is on the wall.   he's defended russia's right to spread disinformation about ukraine or trump to spread his election lies.  hell, some of his own tweets are pretty fudgy awful.  his idea of free speech is not to moderate anything that isn't expressly illegal.  so explicit death threats,.. sure those will be moderated.   that's going to be about it.

cesspool.

SWORDF1SH

Nothing i've seen has shown me that he wants absolutely all moderation gone.  He says its too extreme of moderation and needs pulled back and I agree.  Right now any small little opinion that challenges those on the absolute far far left you can go get cut out.  Those on both the absolute far left and the absolute far right should all be banned to be honest.  They are both absolutely toxic and can never have rational conversations. I don't fudgy tolerate any of those groups.

obviously there are some that should stayed banned that could be unbanned, but that still remains to be seen.

Legend

Nothing i've seen has shown me that he wants absolutely all moderation gone.  He says its too extreme of moderation and needs pulled back and I agree.  Right now any small little opinion that challenges those on the absolute far far left you can go get cut out.  Those on both the absolute far left and the absolute far right should all be banned to be honest.  They are both absolutely toxic and can never have rational conversations. I don't fudgy tolerate any of those groups.

That's why I want MORE moderation. Ban everyone until it's just an rss feed of bland news.

#canceltheclapback

nnodley

That's why I want MORE moderation. Ban everyone until it's just an rss feed of bland news.

#canceltheclapback
I guess that's true. Probably the only way to get there. But obviously not realistic. Lol

nnodley

Oct 27, 2022, 04:26 PM Last Edit: Oct 27, 2022, 04:44 PM by Legend

Sounds like a total menace /s

Also why didn't the tweet embed? dang you vizioneck

the-pi-guy

Sounds like a total menace /s

Also why didn't the tweet embed? dang you vizioneck
Because VizionEck opposes free speech.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>Gotta remove the bits after the question mark and the question mark. <br>

Legend

I guess that's true. Probably the only way to get there. But obviously not realistic. Lol
Yeah it'd kill Twitter's worth instantly, but it sure would be nice.

I don't have any actual predictions for how things will turn out with Musk. He has a perfect track record with Zip2 (made $22 million when it sold in 1999), X.com(made $175 million when it sold in 2002), SpaceX, Tesla, OpenAI, Neuralink (still early days so might flop), and The Boring Company (still early days so might flop). Will Twitter break the pattern and implode on him?

BananaKing

Free speech absolutist
https://www.npr.org/2022/10/08/1127689351/elon-musk-calls-himself-a-free-speech-absolutist-what-could-twitter-look-like-un

Plans to Fire 75% of twitter
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/elon-musk-to-fire-nearly-75-of-twitter-employees-report-3450828

the writing is on the wall.   he's defended russia's right to spread disinformation about ukraine or trump to spread his election lies.  hell, some of his own tweets are pretty fudgy awful.  his idea of free speech is not to moderate anything that isn't expressly illegal.  so explicit death threats,.. sure those will be moderated.   that's going to be about it.

cesspool.
Isn't that literally the definition of free speech?

kitler53

Oct 27, 2022, 07:20 PM Last Edit: Oct 28, 2022, 02:13 AM by the-pi-guy
Isn't that literally the definition of free speech?
free speech protects you from retribution from the government: aka being jailed.  it does not protect you from incurring consequences for your shaming opinions.   companies like twitter/facebook have the freedom of speech to not have things on their platform they deem inappropriate.

it's not illegal to tell you to fudge off you fudgy n***** dog f*****

it's not illegal to tell everyone in your community i heard you're a pedofile

it's not illegal for me to lie to your wife and tell her i'm having an active affair with you

it's not illegal for me to harass you daily with negs

it's not illegal for me to dox you

if you think that doesn't make for a cesspool....  well than let's go brandon!

the-pi-guy

Maybe don't say some of those things?

Go Up