Twitter now owned by Elon Musk

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 04, 2022, 02:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

he's a free speech absolutionist. 

expect Twitter to be nothing but bad stuff pics, hate speech, doxing, Russian propaganda and other lies from now on. 

this is how  conservatives control fake narratives to pass inhumane and oppressive laws and spur their extremist to take actions like the jan 6 insurrection.  free speech will be dead soon by fear of IRL punishment for opposing the narrative,.. just like in Russia. 

death of democracy and the rise of authoritarian extremist rule. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Musk threatens to walk away from Twitter deal

I don't know if i've seen an acquisition with so much drama.
his original funding was based on a loan backed by his Tesla stock.   if rumor is true his loan defaults if Tesla drops below 650. 

I know he was looking for alternative funding but I'm not sure if he found it.  I'm on vacation and not paying close attention. 

at this point I think he just realized that which the entire market dropping he waaaayyy overpaid for Twitter.  like more than double.  

I think he just wants out of a bad deal.  if I read correctly he can't get out without paying a huge penalty. 

...also musk is such a baby.  everything is drama with him. 

Legend

Jun 06, 2022, 08:17 PM Last Edit: Jun 06, 2022, 08:32 PM by Legend
Musk threatens to walk away from Twitter deal

I don't know if i've seen an acquisition with so much drama.
The acquisition itself isn't that interesting, but man has it created drama. Never seen something like it either.

SpaceX has a long history of being the target of manufactured drama but this is something else.

Edt: to clarify I mean this is something in addition to manufactured drama.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Hopefully he doesn't move on to starting his own platform.

kitler53

Hopefully he doesn't move on to starting his own platform.
He's had trouble securing funding and basically has buyers remorse. 

He has a contract with twitter under what conditions he can back out.   I've read into it a lot and tbh Elon is probably screwed here.  Twitter will sue to enforce the contract and Elon will have to prove his exit conditions were met.   He's trying to proclaim the numbers around "fake accounts" is his reason.  If that is his legal strategy he is beyond fukt as it won't hold up in court.

Legend

Legend

He's had trouble securing funding and basically has buyers remorse.  

He has a contract with twitter under what conditions he can back out.   I've read into it a lot and tbh Elon is probably screwed here.  Twitter will sue to enforce the contract and Elon will have to prove his exit conditions were met.   He's trying to proclaim the numbers around "fake accounts" is his reason.  If that is his legal strategy he is beyond fukt as it won't hold up in court.
If he can actually prove the number of fake accounts is significantly wrong, that'd be a slam dunk in court. That'd break the merger agreement in multiple ways.

However it seems his primary legal strategy is that Twitter failed to provide him with requested data in a reasonable manner. Musk's lawyers have been perusing this avenue since at least June 6.

kitler53

If he can actually prove the number of fake accounts is significantly wrong, that'd be a slam dunk in court. That'd break the merger agreement in multiple ways.

However it seems his primary legal strategy is that Twitter failed to provide him with requested data in a reasonable manner. Musk's lawyers have been perusing this avenue since at least June 6.

no it's not.  musk signed a legal document waiving his DD.  these pretext might win in the court of public opinion but not in court. 

...and it doesn't even make sense as he stated early on that he was buying in order to address the bot problem. 

Legend

Jul 10, 2022, 02:38 AM Last Edit: Jul 10, 2022, 03:41 AM by Legend
no it's not.  musk signed a legal document waiving his DD.  these pretext might win in the court of public opinion but not in court.
What the heck do you think due diligence means? It's irrelevant once the merger agreement is signed. All that matters is if the merger agreement gives Musk a right to terminate the agreement or if the agreement itself is invalid.

...and it doesn't even make sense as he stated early on that he was buying in order to address the bot problem.

Yeah it's highly highly likely he just wants to terminate the agreement because it's a bad deal for him, and these are legal excuses potentially enabling that.

kitler53

What the heck do you think due diligence means? It's irrelevant once the merger agreement is signed. All that matters is if the merger agreement gives Musk a right to terminate the agreement or if the agreement itself is invalid.

Yeah it's highly highly likely he just wants to terminate the agreement because it's a bad deal for him, and these are legal excuses potentially enabling that.
the contract limits the reasons that musk can terminate the contract.  reight noe musk has not shown any of those conditions have been met.   

i met with my lawyer last night and this was a topic of conversation.  he agrees,.. musk has little to no legal ground to terminate the contract. 

Legend

Jul 10, 2022, 06:21 PM Last Edit: Jul 10, 2022, 06:25 PM by Legend
the contract limits the reasons that musk can terminate the contract.  reight noe musk has not shown any of those conditions have been met. 

i met with my lawyer last night and this was a topic of conversation.  he agrees,.. musk has little to no legal ground to terminate the contract.
Which again has nothing to do with due diligence.

Right now Musk's legal team is arguing several conditions have been met. Twitter failed to provide requested data in a reasonable manner, Twitter failed to continue business in an ordinary course, etc. Most of those will be pretty difficult to prove in court but they're all potential avenues for terminating the agreement.

kitler53

Which again has nothing to do with due diligence.

Right now Musk's legal team is arguing several conditions have been met. Twitter failed to provide requested data in a reasonable manner, Twitter failed to continue business in an ordinary course, etc. Most of those will be pretty difficult to prove in court but they're all potential avenues for terminating the agreement.

the "data" Twitter failed to provide wasn't provided because Twitter was legally required to not disclose it.  

what is your argument here?!?

I'm saying legally twitter is in the extremely favorable position over musk.  if this is settled in court these agreements are almost never overturned.  from what I've read it has only happened once in the last 20 years.  the best case scenario musk actually has here is he convinces Twitter to let him out in exchange for 1-10 billion dollars.

Legend

the "data" Twitter failed to provide wasn't provided because Twitter was legally required to not disclose it.  

what is your argument here?!?

I'm saying legally twitter is in the extremely favorable position over musk.  if this is settled in court these agreements are almost never overturned.  from what I've read it has only happened once in the last 20 years.  the best case scenario musk actually has here is he convinces Twitter to let him out in exchange for 1-10 billion dollars.
I agree the odds are not in Musk's favor but you keep posting stuff that's seemingly made up with nothing to back it up. That's what I'm responding to.

Happy to move on though. There will be plenty more to discus as the potential court case heats up.

Go Up