Twitter now owned by Elon Musk

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 04, 2022, 02:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

This is becoming a shame show. Has any big acquisition ever have this sort of fallout right after the purchase went through?

kitler53

Spoiler for Hidden:

i'll assume this is what elon means by "free speech abolitionist"...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

SWORDF1SH

Elon could be hiring Geohot  :o

SWORDF1SH

Nov 16, 2022, 10:38 PM Last Edit: Nov 16, 2022, 10:40 PM by SWORDF1SH

Legend

I bought $50 of Tesla stock. Not enough to actually make or lose any serious money, but I predict the damage from Elon's Twitter purchase is mostly done. Semi truck next month should bring them back up and distance them from the drama (or it gets bad reviews and the stock goes lower).

kitler53

I don't believe the macroeconomic downside is finish.  not saying it goes to 0 but it will hit a new low at some point in the next 12 months. 

the-pi-guy

kitler53

it's fine to be a workaholic,..  there's a few in every company.  but you'll never get a company of only workaholics.  if you can't run a business while using people that have families than you can't run a business...

Legend

Guess we'll see. Very hard to separate random employees that think they know the situation, and the important employees who really know the situation. Both are leaving lol, but who's opinion is this?

it's fine to be a workaholic,..  there's a few in every company.  but you'll never get a company of only workaholics.  if you can't run a business while using people that have families than you can't run a business...
Tesla and SpaceX have managed just fine being only workaholics, although they're companies that were built from the ground up like this.

the-pi-guy

Tesla and SpaceX have managed just fine being only workaholics, although they're companies that were built from the ground up like this.
I think that's a critical difference here.
People don't like change, and people used to a cushier job are less likely to be happy when it changes.

kitler53

no one should be comfortable with 16 hour work days and 7 day work weeks. 

this is just abuse. 

the-pi-guy

no one should be comfortable with 16 hour work days and 7 day work weeks.

this is just abuse.
Yeah, but some people deal with it. (Not that they should).

There's lots of data that shows that even working above 40 hrs is actually counter-productive, but people don't tend to notice when they're doing less, especially in fields that are harder to quantify

Legend

Nov 18, 2022, 03:20 AM Last Edit: Nov 18, 2022, 03:25 AM by Legend

Yeah, but some people deal with it. (Not that they should).

There's lots of data that shows that even working above 40 hrs is actually counter-productive, but people don't tend to notice when they're doing less, especially in fields that are harder to quantify
I wonder what the data says about passionate jobs with variety? I know I definitely overwork myself and get diminished results after a certain point, but that's way past 40 hours. Even when I force myself to take breaks I often get lost in thought figuring out work things in my head instead of paying attention to the game/tv show.

Legend

Time for some high stakes predictions!

When will Twitter die?
In November
In December
In 2023
In 2024
In 2025
Twitter will not die within the near future

kitler53

Time for some high stakes predictions!

When will Twitter die?
In November
In December
In 2023
In 2024
In 2025
Twitter will not die within the near future

It would be honestly an really impressive failure to collapse before the end of november.  I'm not saying i'm any sort of genius here but even i could have taken the reins of twitter and lasted long than that.   Just doing nothing would have gotten a good 6 months…

…i'll go 2023. 

Nov/dec kind of feels possible but 2023 is a much bigger window.  If it doesn't die in 2023 then it probably won't die. 

Go Up