God of War: Ragnarok |OT| 94 MC|OC Ragnarok is Here

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 31, 2021, 06:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Played a bit. Graphics were pretty underwhelming but in direct lighting they look amazing. That hair with the closeup during the cutscene looked like ps3 hair.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The wolf hair/fur while it was being comforted.<br>

Not feeling the gameplay but I think it's just early. The tutorial popups are annoying and a combat one glitched for me, staying on screen. Also had a glitch where I was inside an npc during their animation.

Really cool revisiting the same world. I remember these places! Some lame invisible walls that kratos could vault.

Spoilers for the first major story fight.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Did not expect that so early! It is cool how fast the game is gowing past the stuff that was teased.<br><br>Not really liking the power balance. Balder&#39;s first fight was great because neither person thought they were in danger. Both kratos and baulder were cocky. With thor though, kratos is a wimp! Thor is having fun while kratos literally dies (fake game over was cool but out of place, kinda love it and hate it)<br><br>They have a line about winter decreasing his powers, but it wasn&#39;t enough. Every other gow imo did a better job with kratos&#39;s power reset.<br>

kitler53

Nov 26, 2022, 02:12 PM Last Edit: Nov 26, 2022, 02:15 PM by kitler53
Played a bit. Graphics were pretty underwhelming but in direct lighting they look amazing. That hair with the closeup during the cutscene looked like ps3 hair.

Spoiler for Hidden:

The wolf hair/fur while it was being comforted.

Not feeling the gameplay but I think it's just early. The tutorial popups are annoying and a combat one glitched for me, staying on screen. Also had a glitch where I was inside an npc during their animation.

Really cool revisiting the same world. I remember these places! Some lame invisible walls that kratos could vault.

Spoilers for the first major story fight.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Did not expect that so early! It is cool how fast the game is gowing past the stuff that was teased.

Not really liking the power balance. Balder's first fight was great because neither person thought they were in danger. Both kratos and baulder were cocky. With thor though, kratos is a wimp! Thor is having fun while kratos literally dies (fake game over was cool but out of place, kinda love it and hate it)

They have a line about winter decreasing his powers, but it wasn't enough. Every other gow imo did a better job with kratos's power reset.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I really liked the fake death thing.&nbsp; I found it hilarious. <br><br>baulder was great but Thor was great in a different way.&nbsp; it was like the first boss in demon&#39;s souls where you are supposed to die.&nbsp; here I think it adds to the narrative that kratos has weaken.&nbsp; but mechanically it&#39;s a way to have an epic boss fight early in the game before you have even finished the tutorial.&nbsp;

with respect to graphics,.. now you can contextualize all my early complaints.  pc/PS4 degraded my experience...    ...but then I just forgot about it and loved the game anyways.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Played more, just reached the area after the second world.

Feels a lot like DLC. I'm enjoying it since I loved the first, but I really hope the rest is more than that. The thing that just occurred sure teases an expanded game.

Also I've had more bugs. Couldn't pick up a rage stone, boy was phasing in and out of the background, an arrow missed a puzzle piece and disabled it till I reloaded, a hammer was floating, dialogue dropped out for a second during a cutscene, and lighting popped in after that cutscene. Feels less polished than the first.

Spoilers up till the end of the second world
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>It feels like brain dead DLC when going around in the boat. It&#39;s fun, but not smart like the first game. For example every dock just magically has a boat when you&#39;re on land but is empty when you&#39;re in the water. There was even one area where you can see the boat on the dock pop in and out. Pretty sure the first game made sure there was only ever one boat you used per body of water.<br><br>Also I the 3 forges/mines weren&#39;t the best thematically imo. Dwarves are famous for their forges and mines so it was confusing how the game wanted us to destroy them. Felt like the game just wanted easy &quot;odin so bad&quot; points that could resonate with players. IMO it should have been about liberating the mines so that the dwarves would be the ones profiting off them, or it should have done a lot more to convince us that these dwarves have a non traditional way of life.<br><br>The city was really cool with all the people running away, until I realized that was it. The one trailer teased this city with NPCs and it really made me hopeful, but now it feels like a downgrade over the first game. After gow 2018 I really wanted cities and more NPCs like the original trilogy yet now I&#39;m worried ragnarok will just provide enough to feel uncanny.<br><br>The splash mountain boat ride and railway were pretty fun. I enjoyed them. The minigame for aligning the cart was really silly. Now that ragnarok has had two awkward meta jokes and an uncanny lack of people, it&#39;s really feeling like Death Stranding to me.<br>

the-pi-guy

I have only had two notable bugs. One was a graphical glitch where a lot of stuff noticably loaded in.

The other was that I opened a door, accidentally closed the door and Boy thought it was still open and tried going through the closed door.

kitler53

Played more, just reached the area after the second world.

Feels a lot like DLC. I'm enjoying it since I loved the first, but I really hope the rest is more than that. The thing that just occurred sure teases an expanded game.

Also I've had more bugs. Couldn't pick up a rage stone, boy was phasing in and out of the background, an arrow missed a puzzle piece and disabled it till I reloaded, a hammer was floating, dialogue dropped out for a second during a cutscene, and lighting popped in after that cutscene. Feels less polished than the first.

Spoilers up till the end of the second world
Spoiler for Hidden:

It feels like brain dead DLC when going around in the boat. It's fun, but not smart like the first game. For example every dock just magically has a boat when you're on land but is empty when you're in the water. There was even one area where you can see the boat on the dock pop in and out. Pretty sure the first game made sure there was only ever one boat you used per body of water.

your wrong here. The original game had this same thing.  Maybe your right that it was less obvious but i definitely noticed it in the first game too.  In this area there was one forge that had two landing really close to each other that was a little weird. But the first still had plenty of places where you'd land in one spot and leave via another and a boat was alwyas magically there.  Especially in the end game when all the progression blocks were unlockable.

Also I the 3 forges/mines weren't the best thematically imo. Dwarves are famous for their forges and mines so it was confusing how the game wanted us to destroy them. Felt like the game just wanted easy "odin so bad" points that could resonate with players. IMO it should have been about liberating the mines so that the dwarves would be the ones profiting off them, or it should have done a lot more to convince us that these dwarves have a non traditional way of life.

The city was really cool with all the people running away, until I realized that was it. The one trailer teased this city with NPCs and it really made me hopeful, but now it feels like a downgrade over the first game. After gow 2018 I really wanted cities and more NPCs like the original trilogy yet now I'm worried ragnarok will just provide enough to feel uncanny.

The splash mountain boat ride and railway were pretty fun. I enjoyed them. The minigame for aligning the cart was really silly. Now that ragnarok has had two awkward meta jokes and an uncanny lack of people, it's really feeling like Death Stranding to me.

I put a reply into your spoiler.

I haven't had any glitches.  Are you sure your ps5 is working right?

Anyways,.. you have basically reached my same progression so i guess i'm done reading your spoilers.  xD

Legend

I put a reply into your spoiler.

I haven't had any glitches.  Are you sure your ps5 is working right?

Anyways,.. you have basically reached my same progression so i guess i'm done reading your spoilers.  xD
Guess I forgot that about the first.

A lot of my glitches are probably from me trying to 100% it. I'd love to get the platinum without a guide so I'm running back and forth probably messing with level streaming.

the-pi-guy

Guess I forgot that about the first.
I do feel like the first game hides it better.

I think the quest progression frequently points you in the same direction you came from.

If you do more exploring you do notice it more.

nnodley

Nov 28, 2022, 01:14 AM Last Edit: Nov 28, 2022, 01:16 AM by nnodley
I hath finished the main story. About 45 hours or so. The last 4 or 5 main missions are awesome.

I will say as good as these games are there is just something about the main trilogy that was so much better.  The epicness of the environments and bosses was so much better.

If they would have done the new combat but kept the epic world and boss battles these would have been 10x better

the-pi-guy

:o :o :o :o :o

That's all I'm going to say.

Legend

Nov 28, 2022, 06:00 AM Last Edit: Nov 28, 2022, 07:28 AM by Legend
I think I'm unlucky with glitches.

They're all small but keep adding up. Had a main npc get stuck running into a wall for example.

Also I've been enjoying the combat a lot but aim assist was so broken in the third unique world. I loved throwing my ax behind people when it worked.

Edt: I just got stuck in an animation loop in a mini cutscene, had to restart the checkpoint.

nnodley

I think I'm unlucky with glitches.

They're all small but keep adding up. Had a main npc get stuck running into a wall for example.

Also I've been enjoying the combat a lot but aim assist was so broken in the third unique world. I loved throwing my ax behind people when it worked.

Edt: I just got stuck in an animation loop in a mini cutscene, had to restart the checkpoint.
yeah somethings wrong. I encountered maybe 1 glitch where I was able to go through a hole in a wall without unblocking it.

:o :o :o :o :o

That's all I'm going to say.
I think i know what your talking about. lol

kitler53

so I started stray last night...

the-pi-guy

The story is done. It is time to explore.

Legend

I love the boss I fought tonight. Was small in scale but really worked. Name was...
Spoiler for Hidden:
Nidhogg

the-pi-guy

Nov 29, 2022, 12:35 PM Last Edit: Nov 29, 2022, 02:21 PM by the-pi-guy
I had a funny situation where the narrative dialogue pretty much matched up with some situational dialogue.

Near the end of the game spoilers
Spoiler for Hidden:
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><b>Spoiler</b> for <i>Hidden</i>: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:60px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.value = 'Show'; }"></div><div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;"><div style="display: none;"><br>*talking about Thor*<br>Thrud: sorry he&#39;s not...<br>Atreus: right side!<br></div></div></div>

Go Up