God of War: Ragnarok |OT| 94 MC|OC Ragnarok is Here

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 31, 2021, 06:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

i'll really hope that sony doesn't go from GT (March) to GoW and we find out that GoW doesn't ship until march 2023.   that would be a hell of a drought.  

i mean, i guess tokyo ghostwire is late march but i'll discredit this as  and "exclusive" since MS is making it now and will clearly come to xbox eventually.    ...and mlb is april but that's fully multiplat now and day-1 on gamepass.   ...and forspoken is may but i kind of doubt that stays exclusive either and regardless that's SE.

not bashing 3rd parties and multiplats but sony should have a true 1st party exclusive more than 1 in a year to keep excitement in the platform if they don't want to get killed by MS.   just a long way of saying GoW had better ship this year.
I think it's a certainty it will make this year.

They still have PSVR2 later this year.  I assume we will see Astrobot, Horizon: cotf.

Might see Factions, and maybe a couple surprises. Although, might see a bit of a dry season for single player non-VR.

kitler53

I think it's a certainty it will make this year.

They still have PSVR2 later this year.  I assume we will see Astrobot, Horizon: cotf.

Might see Factions, and maybe a couple surprises. Although, might see a bit of a dry season for single player non-VR.
i mean, i'm not expecting GoW to miss 2022.   more like,.. how bad would it be for ps5 if it did.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

God of war was slated for 2021, and it got delayed because the actor had health issues. I doubt it will get delayed till 2023. From 2021 till 2023? No way will that happen. I can see them pushing it till September 2022 so they can have something for the "holidays". Since they have Horizon, gt7 and forespoken for the first half on 2022

Later this year I can see Sony pulling an Apex legends with factions and dropping it on the same day if its free to play

the-pi-guy

nnodley

Legend

the-pi-guy

I hope but I doubt.
She works at Santa Monica studio as a community coordinator.

Even Jason Schreier believes it's coming this year.   ;D

Legend

She works at Santa Monica studio as a community coordinator.

Even Jason Schreier believes it's coming this year.   ;D
I believe they plan on it coming this year. I just doubt it'll avoid another delay.

BananaKing

I believe they plan on it coming this year. I just doubt it'll avoid another delay.

You think it will be delayed for over a year?

We know the reason for the delay was the voice actors health issues, not development issues.

Legend

You think it will be delayed for over a year?

We know the reason for the delay was the voice actors health issues, not development issues.
Delays wouldn't be a thing if they were predictable.

It's also strange the game doesn't have a release window yet. Horizon was H2 2021 since November 2020.

BananaKing

Delays wouldn't be a thing if they were predictable.

It's also strange the game doesn't have a release window yet. Horizon was H2 2021 since November 2020.
They are probably waiting till they make a state of play or have their big yearly show to announce the date.

Maybe they also want to know how the holiday period  is shaping up before they announce a release date. As big as these games are, having a smart release window is important, I dont think Sony was happy with how horizon ended up releasing so close to elden ring.

Legend

They are probably waiting till they make a state of play or have their big yearly show to announce the date.

Maybe they also want to know how the holiday period  is shaping up before they announce a release date. As big as these games are, having a smart release window is important, I dont think Sony was happy with how horizon ended up releasing so close to elden ring.
I can agree with that, but Elden Ring was delayed after Horizon was delayed and given a specific date. Anything set in stone months in advance will be a gamble.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

GoW is not appropriate for a 4 year old...
I doubt she even got into combat lol. Would be mighty impressive if a 4 year old could beat the game on easy though.

Go Up