Science General Discussion

Started by Legend, Sep 02, 2014, 07:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Science communication is always really interesting. Trying to dumb things down while simultaneously intriguing the viewer.

I wouldn't say "time is not linear" and "the big bang kinda started from a particle," but obviously I'm not a science communicator haha.
Not with that attitude!   :D

Legend

Not with that attitude!   :D
I prefer teaching through videogames. Way more fun to spend a decade cramming as much real science as possible into a game, just for practically no one to notice  ;D

Legend

I should have gone to the mountains. The comet just looks like a faint glow from my house. Thought it was a galaxy till I triple checked the location.

the-pi-guy

I don't really follow Physics Girl, I've seen a few videos and thought they were fine.

But this was pretty heartbreaking.  

kitler53

my son's best friend's dad got covid a few weeks ago.   he just got out of a week's stay in the ER and will need to get a heart valve replacement in the coming weeks.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I don't really follow Physics Girl, I've seen a few videos and thought they were fine.

But this was pretty heartbreaking.  

I saw a few twitter posts from her a while ago explaining how hard it was hitting her. Really sad to see her condition has worsened.

my son's best friend's dad got covid a few weeks ago.   he just got out of a week's stay in the ER and will need to get a heart valve replacement in the coming weeks.
It's scary how bad it still gets for random people.

kitler53

It's scary how bad it still gets for random people.
we formed a "pod" with this family so my son could still have a friend during the heart of isolation. I was like extra super careful not to get covid because I was worried I'd be (feel) responsible for killing them if I got sick.   

they have a lot of the high risk factors.  black. obese.  chrones. 

now that the dad got sick and looks to be at risk of dying part of me is relieved I wasn't the reason he got sick.  ..which makes me feel like shame. 

Legend

I really wish people would take even 1% of their weird anger towards satellites and push to decrease light pollution. It's so easy and cheap to prevent yet so few care.

the-pi-guy

How Can A Mirror See An Object That Is Hidden By A Piece Of Paper? | IFLScience

Was reminded of that Spiderman isn't using ray tracing post. "Because real light doesn't allow you to see behind things."

Apparently there is a tik tok trend of people finding out otherwise.

kitler53

lol, people are dumb.

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

When r/sciencememes meets r/amphibia

r/sciencememes - Its something that always irritates me, honestly

kitler53

what if it has more than 103 protons?!?!  ever think about that?!?!?

Legend

Go Up