PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Likely a mix of price and games available for it. Not to mention I feel like the VR hype from 2-3 years ago has waned so much
I would also throw out a lack of marketing and the fact that you can only buy it from PlayStation Direct.

as a guy that got psvr 1

- $600 is a lot
- it's a lot of the same games
- except it's not even BC so I have to rebuy many of them
- the absolute best game (astro) is still not announced in any capacity
- no longer able to play media

that's kind of hard to swallow.  it looks like better tech for sure but I need to see something announced.  and by something I mean by astro bot 1 and 2 and media playback.  otherwise it's kind of a downgrade.
Quite a few of them do have cross buy.

kitler53

I would also throw out a lack of marketing and the fact that you can only buy it from PlayStation Direct.

Quite a few of them do have cross buy.
i said many not all.   i'd have to rebuy moss.   Rez and tetris have upgrade fees.  

also, one of the games i specifically held back on with psvr1 (due to move controllers being mandatory) was torn.  i've checked and to the best of my knowledge it won't be available at all on psvr 2.  i really wanted to play it on psvr 2 because of the promise of improved tracking but i guess that's not going to happen.  

i skipped buying blood and truth for the same reason.  the developer confirmed it's not coming to psvr 2.

no word on if ghost giant will be supported near as i can tell.  or wipeout.  or statik.  or keep talking and nobody explodes. or gnog.  or lucky's tale. or tethered.

what games "matter" is a very personal thing but as i look at my library most of it isn't even supported on psvr2 and the few that are require me to pay again to play it.   it's nice that some games are free upgrades but those games aren't the ones i'm personally interested in.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

kitler53

remember 3D tvs?

....at least sony isn't meta and didn't bet their entire company on a this.

the-pi-guy

nnodley

Not gonna lie i'm happy the VR crazy is waning for now.  I've always thought it was a fun gimmick more for just cool fun little games here and there.  But this massive push from meta on the metaverse is annoying as hell and I want it gone.  The idea is horrendous and will only make humanity worse, imo.  

Ohhh interesting.  The VR craze is still on the down though.

Legend

So once again this author is refuted by Sony.

How do they still have a job at Bloomberg? Or does Sony keep using technicalities to refute?

the-pi-guy

So once again this author is refuted by Sony.

How do they still have a job at Bloomberg? Or does Sony keep using technicalities to refute?
They also got refuted by Nintendo in the past.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

i really gotta wonder how ps5 is doing right now.   i know sony just said that december was their best month ever but that was on tail end of 2 years of piss poor availiblity.   how are they doing now that availability isn't bad?  are they really selling a ton still or are they like every other player in the gaming space and struggling with a downturn?

to me these commercials reek of needing to try and boost demand...

Legend

i really gotta wonder how ps5 is doing right now.   i know sony just said that december was their best month ever but that was on tail end of 2 years of piss poor availiblity.   how are they doing now that availability isn't bad?  are they really selling a ton still or are they like every other player in the gaming space and struggling with a downturn?

to me these commercials reek of needing to try and boost demand...
Yeah at least to me it's really strange to be over two years into this gen and have a commercial like this.

kitler53

Yeah at least to me it's really strange to be over two years into this gen and have a commercial like this.
exactly.  like it's a really strange commercial to be informing people of the basic launch features of a new console 2 years in.  it just doesn't smell right.  

i'm not saying ps5 sales have tanked to 0 but that's not the same as to say "disappointing".

BananaKing

exactly.  like it's a really strange commercial to be informing people of the basic launch features of a new console 2 years in.  it just doesn't smell right.  

i'm not saying ps5 sales have tanked to 0 but that's not the same as to say "disappointing".
Well it makes sense to promote your console with the new wave of availability. Maybe the sales are steady but they want to sell more

Also a lot of people are still playing on PS4, and they want them to start upgrading.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Apparently doesn't let you use the VR controllers in VR mode? Have to use the DualSense.

Surprising, and a tiny bit disappointing. But it does sound overall amazing.

Makes the lack of PSVR1 support a little more baffling. 

Go Up