PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

Apparently doesn't let you use the VR controllers in VR mode? Have to use the DualSense.

Surprising, and a tiny bit disappointing. But it does sound overall amazing.

Makes the lack of PSVR1 support a little more baffling.  
will watch in a minute here but...

did you really want to use the VR controllers?  a wheel would be best but if you want to go for motion controlls i would think the dualsense would be better anyways since it's tethered together.   the VR controllers being separate would make that turning an unreliable and poor experience.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

okay watched.   

kind of fluff.  but good to see he liked his GT VR experience.  too much time talking about delorean and not enough actually talking about the game/headset.    that said,.. i think GT is the perfect kind of game to benefit from VR.   i played wipeout on psvr 1 and it was a pretty great experience.   i can really imagine how GT in cockpit view + VR is just about as close as you can get to having these expensive cars as you can get without actually having one.

not interested in GT on it's own but i'd pick it up if i end up getting a psvr 2.

the-pi-guy

will watch in a minute here but...

did you really want to use the VR controllers?  a wheel would be best but if you want to go for motion controlls i would think the dualsense would be better anyways since it's tethered together.   the VR controllers being separate would make that turning an unreliable and poor experience.
Not disagreeing.

It's just a little surprising.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

the-pi-guy

kitler53

that psvr2 blog post yesterday clearly stated "over 100 games in development".  at this rate psvr2's entire library will launch in it's first 3 months on the market. 

the-pi-guy

that psvr2 blog post yesterday clearly stated "over 100 games in development".  at this rate psvr2's entire library will launch in it's first 3 months on the market.
Era's thread has 123 games in development, and 53 of them come out in the first month. So maybe not far off.  :-[

the-pi-guy

The PSVR without Parole people have been teasing pretty hard that Sony still has more to announce for PSVR2.

I think it's the main guy there, says that Sony will have some last minute things.

Not disagreeing.

It's just a little surprising.
Actually what would probably be the best thing is having DualSense support + hand tracking support.  
You have the DualSense as a solid singular object like a wheel, and you retain hand tracking. Which increases immersion for when you take a hand off the wheel.  

kitler53

i'm 1000% disappointed that sony hasn't even announced a ports of their key psvr software:
- astro bot
- wipeout omega collection
- iron man
- farpoint
- dreams
- until dawn
- ps vr worlds
- blood and truth

...like, if sony can't even manage to do that much investment why should i even believe sony will make any games for this after horizon?   this is a critical phase.   make me believe you'll actually support this dang $550 perhiphrial.  right now the optics is sony is sending this out to die.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Supposedly reviewers have gotten game keys for games that aren't announced yet.

Why is PSVR2's rollout so goofy?

kitler53

Supposedly reviewers have gotten game keys for games that aren't announced yet.

Why is PSVR2's rollout so goofy?
playstation needs to hire a "spencer".   they really need a mouth piece that is good at positioning on social and evaluating the optics of their communication to customers.   they do soo good at most everything else but how they communicate those great things are at best unaware but often times self-deprecating.  

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Go Up