Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

watching vivo.  quite good.
I feel like Sony Pictures Animation is on a hot streak to some extent.

The Mitchells vs the machines was amazing. Spider verse is great.

kitler53

Aug 21, 2022, 01:12 AM Last Edit: Aug 21, 2022, 01:19 AM by kitler53
I feel like Sony Pictures Animation is on a hot streak to some extent.

The Mitchells vs the machines was amazing. Spider verse is great.
agreed that each are great.  not really sure what else they've worked on though.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Sep 06, 2022, 11:47 PM Last Edit: Sep 06, 2022, 11:49 PM by the-pi-guy
My kids have watched Monster's Inc about 40 times. It's a pretty good movie.

There are a few lines that kind of stand out to me.

"Rule number 1 out here, always.... never go out in a blizzard"

It's kind of odd, like it feels like it's a reference to something, but I don't see anyone talking about it. It's a little odd, because I feel like movies don't usually intentionally have mistakes like that, unless they're for humor or for some other reason. Like accidentally revealing something or causing confusion. But this line doesn't do any of that.

BananaKing

My kids have watched Monster's Inc about 40 times. It's a pretty good movie.

There are a few lines that kind of stand out to me.

"Rule number 1 out here, always.... never go out in a blizzard"

It's kind of odd, like it feels like it's a reference to something, but I don't see anyone talking about it. It's a little odd, because I feel like movies don't usually intentionally have mistakes like that, unless they're for humor or for some other reason. Like accidentally revealing something or causing confusion. But this line doesn't do any of that.
I think that's just part of the sense of humor. I dont remember the scene tbh but sounds like the type of jokes early on pixar would put here and there

the-pi-guy

Been trying to watch Belle, it's an anime movie.

A lot of Mamoru Hosoda's movies are like really good, but there's usually something that bothers me.

But I swear this one has some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

Like an example here

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>They&#39;re trying to set up this side character as being someone who everyone else aspires to be.<br><br>They set it up by having these other side characters talk about her in the background, with some weird statements. <br>&quot;Her legs are so long. She could be a model. She&#39;s like the sun, everything revolves around her.&quot;<br>&quot;So true&quot;<br>*giggles*<br><br>

I'm just baffled.
It has really good reviews:
Belle - Rotten Tomatoes

And I'm like did we watch the same thing? His other movies are so much better.

nnodley

Nov 02, 2022, 02:14 PM Last Edit: Nov 02, 2022, 02:17 PM by nnodley

Good lord the underwater sequences look like they are going to be insane.  Annoying the trailer doesn't have 4k on youtube

Also i was worried with James Horner's death that the music wouldn't feel the same, but dang both trailers so far the soundtrack sounds amazing.

Dr. Pezus

Good lord the underwater sequences look like they are going to be insane.  Annoying the trailer doesn't have 4k on youtube

Also i was worried with James Horner's death that the music wouldn't feel the same, but dang both trailers so far the soundtrack sounds amazing.
Looks stunning! I just hope the movie is good

Legend

I think I'll skip it. Already feeling the hype and know a bit too much from scoops over the past decade.

Will be forced to see it on tv/at theaters though :P

nnodley

One part in the trailer with one of Jake's kids that i'm assuming is gonna be part of the story, but i won't say anything.  Im just guessing but seems likely

the-pi-guy

Two scenes from The Mitchells vs the Machines

Spoiler for Hidden:
<div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;padding:5px;max-width:560px;"><div style="position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:0px;height:0;overflow:hidden;" class="youtube MFBn--FhKlg"> <iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MFBn--FhKlg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div><br><br><div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;padding:5px;max-width:560px;"><div style="position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:0px;height:0;overflow:hidden;" class="youtube gL8Ln6t0PXE"> <iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gL8Ln6t0PXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div>

They hit me so hard every single time.

Legend

Two scenes from The Mitchells vs the Machines

Spoiler for Hidden:

They hit me so hard every single time.

Pretty good movie. First vid got me too.

Legend

Bought tickets for avatar. It's going to have a huge opening, my theater is already selling out.

kitler53

but it looks Soo bad.  my extended family was all making fun of it at Thanksgiving. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

but it looks Soo bad.  my extended family was all making fun of it at Thanksgiving.
I've been trying to avoid trailers and what not, but yeah I have no idea if I'll like it beyond the world building.

nnodley

People underestimate how many people actually like Avatar and how much hype this one really has. It's going to be huge barring it just really is terrible but I highly doubt it. It looks great.

Go Up