Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

It looked a lot better than the Twisted Metal trailer....  

kitler53

It looked a lot better than the Twisted Metal trailer....  
lol, yeah. 

maybe i should revise my previous statement from "it looked surprisingly good" to "it looked surprisingly better than my expectations of being terrible".   

this isn't going to make a billion+ dollars like the mario movie but it could be a not-terrible movie that doesn't flop.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Yeah I was surprised how well it seems to balance respecting the game and mocking the absurdity of it. Might make a profit.
It's based of a real story  :o

So really you're just saying real life is absurd  8)

Legend

nnodley

Still need to watch the first one

Legend

kitler53

Still need to watch the first one
I have no prior experience with dune before watching the first movie and I really liked it.  

I'm quite excited for this. 

nnodley

BananaKing

I have no prior experience with dune before watching the first movie and I really liked it.  

I'm quite excited for this.

Youre in for a treat.

That the very very original? Lolol
Thats the 80s one.

Surprisingly they did well with the production for something at the time. At least some parts of it. Some parts were shame  

Legend

Thats the 80s one.

Surprisingly they did well with the production for something at the time. At least some parts of it. Some parts were shame  
Obviously I can't properly judge it till part 2 releases, but in some ways I like the 80s one more. It sucks, I'd never say it's a good movie lol, but it's spectacle is often more zoomed in which is interesting.

BananaKing

Obviously I can't properly judge it till part 2 releases, but in some ways I like the 80s one more. It sucks, I'd never say it's a good movie lol, but it's spectacle is often more zoomed in which is interesting.
The 80s one wasn't bad. It just iced up part of the story for some reasons

Spoiler for Hidden:
Like "the weirding way" which is a form of combat and techniques, were made into this odd yell that had power. It also rained at the end for some dumb reason. I forgot if they gave the main character a son in it as well.

But some parts of the 80s one were surprisingly accurate and honestly cool. I remember the helicopter scene was rather cool

Legend

I saw Guardians volume 3.

Was good. Not saying much, but I can't think of the last marvel movie that was better. Story dragged on at times so it could have been shorter.

kitler53

saw the Mario movie for my kids birthday today.  pretty bad movie.   clearly the priority was lurching from reference to reference instead of having anything worthwhile to show. 

the-pi-guy

Guess who's collection just increased enormously.   8)

the-pi-guy

Guess who's collection just increased enormously.   8)

Well... at least I got it at the lower price.   :-X

Go Up