PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

What killzone rumors?
I've seen a few.
Killzone VR was in development at Supermassive
PSVR Without Parole leaked the specs so they seem to know some developers, but I'm not sure if they're reliable on this regard.

There was some speculation that the online game at Guerilla was actually Killzone MMO, but that hasn't panned out and wasn't exactly a rumor just hopium.

BananaKing

Awwww

I want a new killzone multiplayer fps

the-pi-guy

SWORDF1SH

Table football is so overrated!

Legend

Pretty amazing looking. I can see why they moved from their old building which was just a block or two away.

the-pi-guy

Naughty Dog: 42
Guerrilla Games: 40
Firesprite: 17
Polyphony: 17
Sucker Punch: 15
Santa Monica: 14
Asobi: 13
Bend Studio: 12
Bluepoint: 11
San Diego Studio: 10
Haven: 9
London Studio: 7
Nixxes: 7
Valkyrie: 6
Insomniac Games: 5
Housemarque: 4
Media Molecule: 3

A number of job openings across the board.

the-pi-guy

Meet PlayStation Mobile: a superteam hired from Apple, Kabam, Meta, Tencent and more

It started with the appointment of Nicola Sebastiani last summer, who joined PlayStation Studios as vice president and head of mobile. Sebastiani moved to PlayStation from Apple, where he was head of App Store business development and later head of content for Apple Arcade.
Davis joined PlayStation as senior director and head of mobile business development, bringing with him many years of experience working across business development, M&A, licensing and strategic partnerships at Kabam. Davis has also previously worked in bizdev roles at Beeline Interactive and Capcom.

Around the same time, Courtemanche was appointed senior director and head of mobile product at PlayStation Studios. He moved over from a product management role at Meta, and has previously worked in product management at EA, Disney and Zynga.

In July, PlayStation hired Tencent's former senior strategic partnerships and bizdev lead Aaron Yang. He's now senior business development manager, handling licensing and platforms at PlayStation Mobile.

The following month, Uyen Uyen Ton Nu left her role as marketing VP at Super Evil Megacorp to become senior director and head of mobile marketing at PlayStation.

Their acquisition streak slowed down pretty substantially this year, but it feels like they have some long term plans for stuff still.  

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

I think they won't make any acquisitions until the MS/Activision thing is cleared. I think if they buy more it gives more chances for the MS deal to go through. Because MS will argue look, they are doing it too

the-pi-guy

Dude throws his former team under the bus.

BananaKing

I can understand being bitter about the whole fiasco. 8 years of their lives went into this. And a lot of people gave them a lot of shame.

But maybe he should just focus on the fans who enjoyed the game, which are many. Like Pi said he is throwing his team under the bus.

the-pi-guy

Another Guerilla video:

the-pi-guy

kitler53

not optimistic about this.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

Nah they have too much money to be made.  And its not like its been milked to death like Assassins Creed or Halo  But I hope its not fully rebooted with all new characters with nothing to do with the previous characters.  They have a good thing for the future with Nadine and Chloe.  Perfect duo to continue.

Also isn't that the rumor we've been hearing about anyway?

Go Up