PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

New idea.  Uncharted space.  

So largely the formula of uncharted is preserved.   But this time the story takes place thousands of years into the future after the rise and fall of some future ancient civilization.  "Drake" is still a treasure hunter but instead of the ruins being all sticks and stones modern and even future technologies become fair game(play).  Portals? Of course. Gravity guns? Why not.  Original ideas?  That's up to the professionals…

Sounds a lot like horizon.

I think we need aliens.

kitler53

Sounds a lot like horizon.

I think we need aliens.
i'd say horizon is pretty far away from the uncharted formula.  horizon is not linear.  horizon has no tombs/puzzles.  horizon has no epic set pieces.   

i'm basically pitching uncharted where adding new gameplay elements won't feel out of place because uncharted is "limited" by human technology from the pre-1600's eras.  this is more like the CoD to CoD MW transition.

In this pitch,.. maybe "drake" is an alien exploring the ruins of future humans.   but imo,.. i'd rather have future humans exploring the ruins of some ancient alien civilization.   so if anything,.. i think i'm pitching metroid prime.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Horizon

So Bend and Santa Monica clearly getting bigger. SSMS is not a surprise as they're working on two games and after God of War selling 23m Sony must be investing a ton into them. Bend probably needed to grow to manage making another big open world game. Days Gone is seriously impressive considering their size but they had a lot of trouble so wise to staff up. Wonder if Sucker Punch will get to over 200 as they'll need to for Ghost sequel.

As for Uncharted I feel it can be very similar to UC4 as by the time it releases it will most likely be close to years so people should be ready. I want innovation but not just for the sake of innovation. More exploration would be cool like lost legacy.

kitler53

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-all-tiers-black-friday-deal-25-discount.654399/

so sony has put ps+ on sale every black friday for like forever so this isn't all that surprising but this is the first year since the introduction of the new tiers and i wasn't certain they'd put it on sale.  glad to see the discounts are still coming.  my sub always runs out in january so the black friday deal is basically the perfect time for me to extend my sub.  ...i'm not a fan of those other sites like CDkeys.  i just don't trust them.

the-pi-guy

Barlog says Santa Monica Studio is currently "spread out on a lot of different things," although he declined to offer specifics. The studio has in the past published a diverse slate of independent games, including Thatgamecompany's thoughtful collaborative work "Journey," and has occasionally spoken of a canceled project that was believed to have had a sci-fi focus.

But Williams is quick to add that if the company dedicates itself full-time to the "God of War" franchise, there's no shame in that.

"I remember talking to someone from another game company, where they were trying to get me to leave. The said, 'Do you just want to be known as the "God of War" guy for the rest of your life?' That was your big pitch to dissuade me? Because yes, I kind of do."
Probably God of War Ragnarok PC, Barlog's game, and probably including the TV series? But would be cool to see them getting into more things.

BananaKing

I wouldnt mind a 3rd team or a multiplayer game. Id love a god of war multiplayer game in fact

Legend

I wouldnt mind a 3rd team or a multiplayer game. Id love a god of war multiplayer game in fact
Well do I have news for you!

I loved it. Combat was fun and the maps were great. Lots of things to do beyond just running up to people and fighting 1v1.

BananaKing

Well do I have news for you!

I loved it. Combat was fun and the maps were great. Lots of things to do beyond just running up to people and fighting 1v1.
I really enjoyed it too. Sadly I had really had Internet at the time and made it mostly unplayable. So I barely played it.

I would love for Sony porting it to PS4/5 but sadly they didnt

the-pi-guy

"stay tuned" for the next 3 years?

Legend

"stay tuned" for the next 3 years?
Would be cool if they had a left field death stranding moment. I don't know how a AAA studio could innovate on story/narrative to the same levels that indies often do, but it'll be exciting to see what they come up with.

the-pi-guy

Legend

kitler53

horizon 3?   now we're just milking the franchise.

Horizon

There's so much Sony is working on and we basically only know Spider-man 2, Wolverine and The Last of Us online. It's crazy how little we've seen.

kitler53

There's so much Sony is working on and we basically only know Spider-man 2, Wolverine and The Last of Us online that ND is working on a MP game. It's crazy how little we've seen.
fixed

Go Up