Wanna know what really grinds my gears?

Started by BananaKing, Nov 27, 2023, 10:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

How tv manufacturers brand, develop and sell their TVs. It's the most infuriating, most annoying, and most complex thing in the world.

See this nice tv? Want to buy it? Here is it's name. The C6345. It's great tv right? Well we sell it in America, but the ones UK are different, so are are the ones in the middle east. Even though we claim it's the same tv.

So you're having problems finding reviews for the tv you want to buy, and it's complicated because the different versions of tvs?

No worries, we will keep it simple. Here are our tv brands. We will use a number for each series. Like the U6, U7, U8. Just beware, the U7hq, U7k, U7G, and U7h are completely different. And they didn't all launch in the same year.

Doesn't make sense right? Well fudge you, consumer. fudge you and fudge logic.

Dr. Pezus

Haha I most certainly agree. I'm a guy who needs to look up reviews before buying something so huge and it can be very difficult here because we get some random Scandinavian versions with other names sometimes

Legend

I hadn't thought about that before.

You'd think in the modern digital era it'd just be the same tv everywhere.

the-pi-guy

There are also store brand specific model numbers

>We tested the 55 inch Sony X900H (XBR55X900H), and for the most part, we expect our review to be valid for the 65 inch (XBR65X900H), the 75 inch (XBR75X900H), and the 85 inch (XBR85X900H). It's sold as the Sony X90CH at Costco. In Europe, there's also the XH9296 and the XH9096. Both are basically the same TV as the X900H, but they come with a two-way position stand to accommodate smaller tables. Also, the 65 inch size and larger of the X900H have a different speaker configuration and are expected to have better performance.

North America: X900H
The Great Country of Costco: X90CH
Europe: X900H, XH9296, XH9096

Wouldn't want things to be too easy.

BananaKing

There are also store brand specific model numbers

>We tested the 55 inch Sony X900H (XBR55X900H), and for the most part, we expect our review to be valid for the 65 inch (XBR65X900H), the 75 inch (XBR75X900H), and the 85 inch (XBR85X900H). It's sold as the Sony X90CH at Costco. In Europe, there's also the XH9296 and the XH9096. Both are basically the same TV as the X900H, but they come with a two-way position stand to accommodate smaller tables. Also, the 65 inch size and larger of the X900H have a different speaker configuration and are expected to have better performance.

North America: X900H
The Great Country of Costco: X90CH
Europe: X900H, XH9296, XH9096

Wouldn't want things to be too easy.
Seriously look at these names. How is any of this consumer friendly? It's so baffling to me how the TV industry is so iced up. I've been planning on buying a tv this week and it's been absolute hell trying to figure out which model to go with.

Dr. Pezus

Seriously look at these names. How is any of this consumer friendly? It's so baffling to me how the TV industry is so iced up. I've been planning on buying a tv this week and it's been absolute hell trying to figure out which model to go with.
LG keeps it simple. Just go with C and the latest number. This year that would be C3