Twitter now owned by Elon Musk

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 04, 2022, 02:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Credit cards are doing that on every transaction you make in your life. You buy gum, food, rent, cars... everything with your card.

This is different. Its a marketplace that had billions poured into it to reach the maximum number of people. On consoles Sony and MS are taking hundreds of dollar losses per unit to reach those audiences, why? Because that 30% cut makes up for it.

If a dev doesn't like it, go make your own market place. Its not that easy, let me tell you. Bethesda and ubisoft failed at it and went back to steam.

Other publishers or devs dont have the money to do so? Okay cool, use PSN, xbox live, and steam. But respect that they get their cut.

30% on xbox/playstation makes more sense to me,.. like you said they take a huge loss on hardware to build this community.

apple sells their hardware for a profit.    so a 30% on the ~90 billion in app store revenue sounds more than excessive to me.  

I can't link to what i'm looking at because i'm looking at the software i use for stock trading but what i'm seeing is:

profit               Revenue            Profit Margin
Apple                99.8                  394.3                 25.3%
Microsoft          69.8                  203                    34.4%
Sony                  7.59                  83.8                   9.1%

All numbers are in billions and TTM.

personally i look at that apple number and think that kind of profit margin on that kind of revenue looks like a company that isn't trying to "compete".

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens