Gaming Acquisition |OT| Tencent acquires Lucid Games

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 01, 2022, 06:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I don't play Activision-Blizzard games so I couldn't care less from that perspective. Don't like Microsoft's lies and dishonest arguments though so I really hope the deal crashes and burns.

Actually using my brain and predicting what would be best for the industry? No clue. If the deal is denied, what situation will Activision Blizzard be in? Will a worse company swoop them up?

I kind of want the Activision deal to go through. Really would want to see Sony get pushed. I have to imagine it would force them to greatly diversify the games they make.
You have more faith in Sony than I do. They're great at making games but it feels like the business people this gen have no clue how to compete with Microsoft.

Speaking of bad ideas, what if they strike a deal with Steam to support an "expanded library" of games on PS5? Every game not available on PSN is allowed to be sold by Valve, and the games just think they're on a next gen steam deck  8)

On a less stupid thought, remember after Infinity War when COD was dying? Battlefield was so close to killing it. Would be pretty funny if this deal goes through and COD dies before any of this matters.