What would make you buy a Nintendo System?

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 18, 2016, 03:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

My last Nintendo thread like this was a bust, but hopefully this'll be more open ended and people will come.  

What could Nintendo do to make you buy a system?
-Games?
-Price?
-Power?
-What?

kitler53

in context of switch?

nothing.  i would have bought a portable system since vita obviously isn't getting replaced.  i'm not buying that awkward piece of crud for anything.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

in context of switch?
No.  
If Nintendo were to come to your door, and say "What could make you buy our system after the Switch?", what would you say?  

kitler53

No.  
If Nintendo were to come to your door, and say "What could make you buy our system after the Switch?", what would you say?  
honestly, still just about nothing.

nintendo makes mostly garbage games.  very few of their games are worth playing and those are largely rehashes of shame i got tired of playing 3 gens ago now.  if nintendo were to make me want to play they'd have to show they could make a deep games worth playing.  none of this tech demo "imagine the possibilities" crud.  none of this mario kart 8 that looks exactly the last one down to the recycled assets.  and especiallly none of this shittasticly slow and featureless OS that makes it impossible to play with people online.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

$200 to maybe $250 price tag.

I don't need it to be as powerful as my PS4, since I don't expect Nintendo to ever get all the games I want anyway, which means that I'd keep the PS4 for those other games anyways. More powerful than the Wii U would be nice though.

A good Zelda (like BotW looks to become) and a couple other games I want, I do like 3D Mario from time to time for instance and if, and I'll believe that when I see it, the Pokemon Company actually releases a fullfledged HD Pokemon game (and I don't mean a halfassed HD version of a 3DS game that I expect Pokemon Star to be) then that'd be pretty tempting too.

Don't do a system that I find so absolutely stupid that I don't want to support it on principle aka don't repeat the Wii U.

But if they just became a third party dev that'd be a lot more preferable to me.

Legend

Good exclusives and/or a good gimmick.

Being cheap doesn't hurt either.

SWORDF1SH

Games and getting one for family use.

Aura7541

Good price point ($200-$250), good portability, and mainline Pokemon games on the Switch (I don't like the chibi/big head character models in XY, ORAS, and Sun/Moon).

Max King of the Wild

Yeah, I can pass on Nintendo games. They're basic.

ethomaz

Trophies support.

To be fair a lot of new and remake turn JRPG.

DD_Bwest

ill probably get the classic for christmas if i can find one retail.  kids want it,  and id love to get to replay some old favorites.

BasilZero

Mario (includes Mario Kart and Smash bros), Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Kirby in that order

Ludicrous Speed

Rorono

A lot of games not made by Nintendo or anyone that shares their design philosophies

darkknightkryta