PS4 Pro: The Worlds Most Powerful Console (Hype begins)

Started by GribbleGrunger, Oct 28, 2016, 10:02 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GribbleGrunger

Aura7541

That was pretty funny

ethomaz

Legend

Nice ad. Cod is a good fit for the retro vibe even though the graphics aren't amazing.

Should do an ad with Horizon too.

ethomaz

Oct 29, 2016, 02:59 PM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2016, 03:02 PM by ethomaz
NeoGAF

Pro boxes yay

the-pi-guy

I saw 3 Pro boxes at work today.  Pretty cool.

ethomaz

Kerotan

So hyped for the Pro!

ethomaz

Nov 02, 2016, 03:29 PM Last Edit: Nov 02, 2016, 03:31 PM by ethomaz

ethomaz

Legend

What game is that?

DerNebel

ethomaz

Nov 02, 2016, 11:38 PM Last Edit: Nov 04, 2016, 01:49 PM by ethomaz
Originally Posted by Jonathan Blow
PS4 Pro patch update

Previously, I made a post listing the technical details of the PS4 patch.

That was a work-in-progress, and I said at the time I'd post final specs as soon as we know them, which we now do.

We are definitely supporting HDR, on both the PS4 Pro and the base model PS4. If the game detects an HDR TV, it will start in HDR mode. HDR works in all resolutions mentioned below.

If you have a PS4 Pro, and are outputting to a 1080p TV, The Witness will render at 1080p, 60fps, 4x MSAA (which is substantially higher than the base PS4's 900p, 60fps, 2x MSAA). This is the same as we announced in the earlier posting.

If you have a PS4 Pro, and are outputting to a 4k TV, then you get a choice of two modes from the options menu:
(a) 1440p 3D scene, upscaled to 4k, text and UI rendered at 4k, 60fps
(b) 4k rendering for everything, 30fps

We added option (b) because a lot of people seem to want it, and it does look really good!

I don't yet know the exact release date for the patch, but it is coming pretty soon, in November sometime. We are now in the process of nailing down all the little details and making sure they are good. As soon as we know the release date I will announce it here.

PS4 Pro patch update - The Witness

ethomaz

Nov 03, 2016, 11:09 AM Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 11:53 AM by ethomaz
All options are for Pro only (OG PS4 runs it at 1080@30fps in movie mode and ~900p@60fps in action mode).

See Legend? You can have a lower framerate mode if you have a mode that actually match the OG PS4 because that you won't have forced gameplay disadvantage... that is what Sony is avoiding... forced gameplay disadvantage and not optional one.

ethomaz

Hype goes heavens.

Go Up