The Last of Us Part 2 |OT| Play Phase

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 29, 2020, 08:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I agree with everything except

Spoiler for Hidden:

I liked this game's lighter moments. Ellie in the space capsule was amazing.

Made old Ellie so much harder to see.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>I did like that in this game. Especially that scene. <br><br>I just think the more frequent smaller moments in the first game, were better at breaking up the story. <br>

Xevross

We all seem to have basically the same opinion on the game here, kind of funny. I remember U4 when we were a fair bit more mixed.

the-pi-guy

I decided to play some original TLOU.  

Some things are really stunning, some things are really showing their age even on the remaster.  Like nature popping in during the drive.  Especially the bizarrely bad TVs.
Those were bad during the PS3 era frankly.  

They all look like cardboard TV's.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Legend

I wonder how this game will affect the relationship between publishers and reviewers.

Are blacklists ever a good thing? Should early reviews not be a thing? It feels wrong for publishers to give support to places that say horrible things yet that's similar to censoring critics.

the-pi-guy

Over 2000 developers and 13 outsourcing studios worked on The Last of Us Part II | ResetEra

This is the "cost" of AAA games in the year 2020.

Sony's biggest title in term of workforce and people involved in a single game.

www.mobygames.com   The Last of Us Part II (2020) PlayStation 4 credits - MobyGames  Game credits for The Last of Us Part II (PlayStation 4) database containing game description & game shots, cover art, credits, groups, press, forums, reviews and more.   www.mobygames.com www.mobygames.com      
[/size]

the-pi-guy

Remaster sitting at 91 on MC 91 on OC

nnodley

definitely not that huge of an update, but when the game is already one of the best looking games its hard to really make a difference.  Definitely can see some shadow and texture differences in the distance.

Dr. Pezus

Remaster sitting at 91 on MC 91 on OC
I'll finally play the game when I get this version on the next sale  8)

the-pi-guy

Legend

nnodley

Yeah I'm a little bit into the doc and the amount of crud that they got for reveals and trailers is insane

Dr. Pezus

I still don't know what caused the backlash because I've yet to play the game. Can't fathom what a video game character or voice actor could do that would trigger something like that

Legend

I still don't know what caused the backlash because I've yet to play the game. Can't fathom what a video game character or voice actor could do that would trigger something like that
I don't understand it either. It's not a star wars situation where the fanbase has grown for decades and new people are making it. This is a direct sequel from the same people who made the first.

You should get around to playing it. Laura Bailey's character was one of my favorites in the game and I doubt the character will be as good in the tv show.

Go Up