Death Stranding: bet on the Metacritic

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 27, 2019, 04:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I have the game installing. I very much dislike games that waste my time so I'm really interested to see just what I'm getting myself in to. I also see that nnodley is playing it.

:o  rude

Well this is exactly how I felt about BOTW after I heard a lot of that game was traversing a large open world, then I decided to get it and it ended up becoming my favourite game ever. So... maybe
I jumped into MGSV purely because of all the positive impressions even though I didn't know anything about the game. Ended up being one of my favorite games.

I don't remember exactly what pushed me towards buying BOTW but my opinion was so varied over time haha. I liked it a lot, then I did the town building quest and hated it, then 6 months went by, then I got around to finishing it and liked it a lot again, and then recently I've just been hanging out in the world doing late game content and loving it. Might be my favorite game ever too.

Xevross

I have the game installing. I very much dislike games that waste my time so I'm really interested to see just what I'm getting myself in to. I also see that nnodley is playing it.

I jumped into MGSV purely because of all the positive impressions even though I didn't know anything about the game. Ended up being one of my favorite games.

I don't remember exactly what pushed me towards buying BOTW but my opinion was so varied over time haha. I liked it a lot, then I did the town building quest and hated it, then 6 months went by, then I got around to finishing it and liked it a lot again, and then recently I've just been hanging out in the world doing late game content and loving it. Might be my favorite game ever too.
Well it seems like if the gameplay grabs you and immerses you then it won't feel like its wasting your time, as every moment is meaningful (once you get through the classic Kojima cutscene-heavy opening few hours anyway). But if it doesn't click with you it will just feel super boring and a complete waste of time.

Woah, I remember when you were fairly negative on BOTW, I don't think my mind's ever changed on a game that much ;D . Only time I can think of something similar was when I was playing RDR2 and the slow early pace and annoying controls were putting me off for the first 10-20 hours before it clicked and became incredible.

Legend

I'm really glad I went in not knowing anything. The gameplay shocked me as it slowly evolved.

Feels a lot like Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm liking it a lot but I'm really ready for the formula to change. About to go south.

DerNebel

For what it's worth I've really been enjoying my time with it. Played like 5 hours or so I would guess?

But I never went on blackout so I knew what I was getting myself into.

Legend

My opinion of the online components has improved so so much. It seems like an amazing technical achievement as well.

It's just society rebuilding, going out and making bridges.

nnodley

yeah i'm pretty much loving it.  8 hours in and just getting ready to leave the seemingly first area.   Traversal is pretty great.  I was worried some of the mechanics would get really tedious, but they seem to work really well so far.

And this game is freaking gorgeous too.

Legend

I'm loving how gameplay has evolved. I actually fight now!

Also just saw something interesting...

Edt: also I have yet to die. Still wonder how that works.

Legend

People like roads, a lot.

I jumped ~40 levels in one refresh. I have gotten around 30 thousand likes from people.

Dr. Pezus

People like roads, a lot.

I jumped ~40 levels in one refresh. I have gotten around 30 thousand likes from people.
Wut

Legend

Wut
Simple mechanic spoiler from early game if you are not aware.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>You have 5 different stats to level up. One is related to helping other players. Do a mission for someone and you&#39;ll get like 20 likes.<br><br>Well you can also directly like things built by other players. I was working on roads in an area and was getting thousands of likes. When I finished a mission it refreshed my stats by adding those likes. I went from ~7 in that stat to ~47 in one go. Normally each level increase takes a while. I&#39;m now a super highly ranked player lol.<br>

the-pi-guy

What kind of walking simulator are you guys talking about?

Legend

What kind of walking simulator are you guys talking about?
It's probably closer to a walking simulator than 99% of the games called walking simulators. You walk a lot in this game but there is actual gameplay and depth related to it.

I'm really loving it.

My only non minor complaint is the lack of variety when it comes to humans. They could have done a lot more to make places unique on the inside. Even Elite Dangerous does a better job of making places look occupied.

nnodley

everything gameplay wise is very simple, but them all together works really well and adds a lot of depth to the mechanics

Legend

I'm spending too much time just enjoying the world. This game feels like it will be really really long.

Legend

I love all the cameos. So far I have found two:

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Hermen Hulst<br>Conan O&#39;brian<br>

Go Up