previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Jul 06, 2020, 04:59 PM Last Edit: Jul 23, 2020, 05:38 PM by Legend

We have a date!

itshalohappening.gif

kitler53

why so late?   after skipping their "june" update altogether i at least thought they'd have something for early july.    announcing 3 weeks is too early, imo, to create and build hype.

bump this thread in 2 weeks.  kkthanx.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

why so late?   after skipping their "june" update altogether i at least thought they'd have something for early july.    announcing 3 weeks is too early, imo, to create and build hype.

bump this thread in 2 weeks.  kkthanx.
Their schedule is strange.

kitler53

Their schedule is strange.
i do find the politicking that surrounds console announcements to be fascinating.  i mean, from the outside looking in at least it would seem that ms/sony spend a great deal of effort studying each other and crafting marketing that is direct responses to whatever has just happened or in anticipation of what might happen.

i can't think of any other industry that is so "personal" in their marketing.  android/iphone are just as much in direct competition and but their marketing seems soo much more like "here i am, this is what i'm doing" then with the consoles.

Legend

i do find the politicking that surrounds console announcements to be fascinating.  i mean, from the outside looking in at least it would seem that ms/sony spend a great deal of effort studying each other and crafting marketing that is direct responses to whatever has just happened or in anticipation of what might happen.

i can't think of any other industry that is so "personal" in their marketing.  android/iphone are just as much in direct competition and but their marketing seems soo much more like "here i am, this is what i'm doing" then with the consoles.
Apple and Microsoft kinda for a while.

I think it happens when a company is trying to go from second to first place. The next ~7 years depend on how these launches go.

Sony will win world wide but America could swing back to ms.

kitler53

Apple and Microsoft kinda for a while.

I think it happens when a company is trying to go from second to first place. The next ~7 years depend on how these launches go.

Sony will win world wide but America could swing back to ms.
maybe, but i doubt it.   this is the first gen with BC and BC basically means it would take a massive blunder/innovation on one side or the other to convince anyone to abandon their games library for a different ecosystem.   i said it at the early part of Xbox One/ps4 (although not to you necessarily) that last gen will lock consumers for (console) generations to come.

i'm excited for the  xbox announcements in 2.5 weeks but only because i like to follow the industry.   there is almost certainly nothing ms can do to make me change my mind about ps5.   i have hundreds of games on playstation and i'm not doing to turn my back on that.

Legend

maybe, but i doubt it.   this is the first gen with BC and BC basically means it would take a massive blunder/innovation on one side or the other to convince anyone to abandon their games library for a different ecosystem.   i said it at the early part of Xbox One/ps4 (although not to you necessarily) that last gen will lock consumers for (console) generations to come.

i'm excited for the  xbox announcements in 2.5 weeks but only because i like to follow the industry.   there is almost certainly nothing ms can do to make me change my mind about ps5.   i have hundreds of games on playstation and i'm not doing to turn my back on that.

I said the same thing back then too.

I think I was wrong because of crossplay, gamepass, and discord. A gamer can change systems while staying just as connected with all their friends, and with with gamepass they have the same catalogue regardless of how long they've stuck with xbox.

kitler53

I said the same thing back then too.

I think I was wrong because of crossplay, gamepass, and discord. A gamer can change systems while staying just as connected with all their friends, and with with gamepass they have the same catalogue regardless of how long they've stuck with xbox.
gamepass.  trollolololol

i have more games on psn then gamepass games has total.  and becuase gamepass is highly slanted towards ms first party there is very little overlap with my current game library.  games leave monthy. aside from first party the games are mostly indies and the failed AAA.  

not trying to trash gamepass entirely,..  if you like ms first party games it is probably worth it compared to buying their games.  but it is no replacement for my digital library on ps4.  not even close. 

Legend

gamepass.  trollolololol

i have more games on psn then gamepass games has total.  and becuase gamepass is highly slanted towards ms first party there is very little overlap with my current game library.  games leave monthy. aside from first party the games are mostly indies and the failed AAA.  

not trying to trash gamepass entirely,..  if you like ms first party games it is probably worth it compared to buying their games.  but it is no replacement for my digital library on ps4.  not even close.
I dislike gamepass but I sure plan to buy it next gen. Buy games I want on PS5, play first party and gamepass stuff on series x.

The average gamer however only buys like ~10 or ~15 big games a gen. They are way more impressed with the gamepass library.

the-pi-guy

Personally I won't get PS+ or gamepass.

Legend

Jeff Grubb - Expect to see Fable (?) but not The Initiative new Project at Xbox Games Showcase | ResetEra

Double Fine is sprucing up Psychonauts 2 with all of its Microsoft money. InXile is doing the same thing for Wasteland 3, which releases August 28. But InXile is also working on a bigger-budget game in the Unreal 5 engine.

Ninja Theory will definitely show more from Hellblade 2. Turn 10 could have a Forza game because you can't launch a console without cars. And Rare may have something new in the works as well. But don't expect anything from The Coalition, which just released Gears 5 in 2019.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
On InXile, Ninja Theory and Double Fine

Double Fine is sprucing up Psychonauts 2 with all of its Microsoft money. InXile is doing the same thing for Wasteland 3, which releases August 28. But InXile is also working on a bigger-budget game in the Unreal 5 engine.

Ninja Theory will definitely show more from Hellblade 2. Turn 10 could have a Forza game because you can't launch a console without cars. And Rare may have something new in the works as well. But don't expect anything from The Coalition, which just released Gears 5 in 2019.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
On Xbox Series X pricing

In June 2013, Microsoft and Sony revealed the price and release date for their upcoming systems. We are already well into July without that info for the Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5. And I don't expect that to change.

Microsoft is unlikely to share those details at this showcase -- the timing for that is almost certainly when it unveils Lockhart in August. That's when Spencer and his team will lay out the final details of their strategy. Until then, save your money for the preorders.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  

the-pi-guy

Good thread I'm looking to update.  

Xbox Development Studios

I'm curious to see how MS leverages their new studios, and curious to see what happens with their quality.  MS doesn't seem to manage their studios as well as Sony does.  

kitler53

Good thread I'm looking to update.  

Xbox Development Studios

I'm curious to see how MS leverages their new studios, and curious to see what happens with their quality.  MS doesn't seem to manage their studios as well as Sony does.  
i don't think we'll get a good answer to this question in this show.   MS is excellent at marketing things in a deceptive way to make something look AAA when it is not (or even just vaporware).   this show will be "fantastic" and only in a couple years from now we'll we really have a handle on how much of the show was a lie.

the-pi-guy

This needs a bump.  Getting close.  

i don't think we'll get a good answer to this question in this show.   MS is excellent at marketing things in a deceptive way to make something look AAA when it is not (or even just vaporware).   this show will be "fantastic" and only in a couple years from now we'll we really have a handle on how much of the show was a lie.
We won't get the quality answer, but we will still see what gets made.  

Legend

I hope Halo Infinite is good. I expect it to be a bad open world with bloat and a poor story.

First trailer had me hyped. Second was fine but felt too much like regular 343 imo.

Go Up