Niche games you played

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 23, 2020, 02:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

What uncommon games have you played?  

I felt like this was more common during the PS2 era.  Most of my PS3, PS4 catalogue are games that anyone here would recognize.  

My PS2 catalogue had games that I don't even remember.  ;D

La Pucelle

Summoner 2:

kitler53

i feel like it was easier to play "niche" games in the ps2 era because there was soo many more games and it wasn't such a contrast between AAA games and indie garbage games.

this gen the most "niche" games i played are probably:

Gorogoa 

xeodrifter

four sided fantasy

i'd recommend each of them but not enthusiastically.  

In that top 50 games thread maybe some of you noticed knytt underground.  Probably the most niche game on that list and it was fan-fudgy-tastic:

it's either that or samba de amigo.  this probably counts as niche but i think it is also well known among gamers.  like a ghetto superstar...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

(Parallax is on my backlog for years but I'll play it eventually!)

Dr. Pezus

The witcher 3 niche eh?

Legend

The witcher 3 niche eh?
Bit of a hidden gem that one. Praise Geraldo.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Most underrated game ever.

Trying to think of some for me, maybe Tower Wars, I've played a lot of probably random niche games that I put down after an hour or less.

darkknightkryta

I actually played the first Summoner.  I was interested after they made that video from that Dungeons and Dragons clip.  It was such a slog.  I don't think I could even try to play it again today.  I borrowed it from my friend, put iin 20 something hours and really didn't get far.  Gave it back to my friend.  Game wasn't bad though.

I think Trinity Universe is the most niche game I've played.  Time and Eternity would be second.