Miss game cheats?

Started by darkknightkryta, Oct 22, 2020, 03:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

So I'm getting frustrated with how they made Medievil 2; to the point where I'm using the built in cheat mode.  So thinking back, games used to always come with some kind of cheat system or debug mode.  Do you miss it in games?  Only modern example I can think of is Uncharted where you could use cheats after you finish the game.  Or with newer RE games where you could purchase a cheat with in game currency.

I'll say, I do miss them. Not even to finish the games, but just to mess around after you finish.

Legend

I miss them a lot.

One of the things I love about PC gaming is more or less having the ability to patch them back in. I always download mods that let you control everything and I'll edit my save files.

Loved the secret characters back in the Tony Hawk games. Darth Maul was the best.

kitler53

So I'm getting frustrated with how they made Medievil 2; to the point where I'm using the built in cheat mode.  So thinking back, games used to always come with some kind of cheat system or debug mode.  Do you miss it in games?  Only modern example I can think of is Uncharted where you could use cheats after you finish the game.  Or with newer RE games where you could purchase a cheat with in game currency.

I'll say, I do miss them. Not even to finish the games, but just to mess around after you finish.
yeah, i think it is a great way to add some replayability to a game.   the lego games kind of have it too but i suppose they are less cheats and more just silly stuff.   hard to cheat in a game in which death never mattered in the first place..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

I practically never used them unless it was like (as kitler said) with LEGO where they're called cheats but are really just modifiers you can unlock.

kitler53

I practically never used them unless it was like (as kitler said) with LEGO where they're called cheats but are really just modifiers you can unlock.
i'd still call them "cheats" but yeah, silly things instead of game breaking things is what i would personally be more interested in.   while probably no longer PC i very much enjoyed "doughnut drake".

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I think I thought this was this thread.

I don't really miss them.

darkknightkryta

I think I thought this was this thread.

I don't really miss them.
It's because you never used them!