My Game Updates

Started by nnodley, Dec 28, 2017, 04:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

Hey all so not really anything big to share on my game, but just a couple screens of the beginning area of the game.  

The whole game is set in within cliffs/canyon type area where this company, Interplanetary Technology Division, created a sort of testing grounds for their first space exploration team.  The area is designed to be tough to traverse, but player has a device which allows lower gravity and small jump boosts to jump gaps or grab higher ledges.  They company needed this place to test both physical and mental aspects as there are some non-working puzzle pieces in the game that they would have had to complete in order to pass and complete the test.  

The story idea is fairly basic: You are put here by an unknown person who is leaving behind datapads with clues as to why you are here along with some lore sprinkled into them.  The bigger lore will come from other collectables, like journal notes, little small scale versions of the tech that was built in this world and space travel posters(like the ones nasa had done some time ago).

All questions as to who this person is and why and what they want will be completely answered in the game.

I'll continue just using this thread as my update so I don't hijack anymore of Vizioneck game update threads!  ;D

Also don't mind some of the assets in the screens.  Some are placeholders and some I'm just going to totally redo like the trees.  I'm also using megascans for all my foliage and rock/ground textures since they have some amazing scanned textures to use.  Currently the ground and the fern are the only textures from megascans I'm using right now.

SWORDF1SH

Kinda reminds me of the Turin Test and Lifeless Planet.

nnodley

Kinda reminds me of the Turin Test and Lifeless Planet.
Yeah a lot of those type of indie games are where I'm pulling inspiration from.  I'm mostly trying to create a small game that doesn't really do anything new, but can act as a jumping point of lore and larger games down the line if possible.

The game was originally going to be a puzzle game with the same sort of story behind it, but I realized my skillset in getting puzzles set up and working was lacking so I switched gears to more of an exploration game.

Also I have the absolute lowest expectations in copies I would like to sell in a year, 2k to 3k.  I feel its possible, but i'm certainly aware it could do way worse than that.

Legend

Also I have the absolute lowest expectations in copies I would like to sell in a year, 2k to 3k.  I feel its possible, but i'm certainly aware it could do way worse than that.
Back when VizionEck was both Adventure and Cube Royale combined, my barrier for success was 1k lifetime.  :P

nnodley

Back when VizionEck was both Adventure and Cube Royale combined, my barrier for success was 1k lifetime.  :P
Ha, well I'm trying to a tad bit optimistic. If I just do 2k to 3k lifetime then I'll be happy.

nnodley

Welp not updated this thread in a while, but honestly haven't gotten far in terms of the environment since anyway.  I've done a fair amount of story/lore and behind the scenes stuff like menus and what not mostly.  Should be at a point where I can start moving forward and developing the environments better.

Also I FINALLY GOT VOLUMETRIC FOG/GOD RAYS TO WORK!!  They never worked well before, but I'm using simul truesky now for a realistic sky so it works perfectly minus some tweaking here and there.

nnodley

Another update.  Been playing around with some settings trying to get an image I really like.  SUPER close.  Tad dark in the shadows, but that's an easy fix with the skylight.

Can't express how much more I like these recent screens compared to the first ones in this thread

Xevross

dang it looks gorgeous. Is this a side project right now while you work for the new small company?

nnodley

dang it looks gorgeous. Is this a side project right now while you work for the new small company?
Yes and no.  Sometimes things get going on the 2 other company's I'm trying to help get going, but sometimes it's slow so I work on this.  I'm trying to stay consistent with this one for now.  The other studios are super close to having things get going, but who knows.  I'm hoping within a month or so I can have consistent work coming in from those.

Xevross

Yes and no.  Sometimes things get going on the 2 other company's I'm trying to help get going, but sometimes it's slow so I work on this.  I'm trying to stay consistent with this one for now.  The other studios are super close to having things get going, but who knows.  I'm hoping within a month or so I can have consistent work coming in from those.
Do you think this will be the first of all these games to come out?

nnodley

Do you think this will be the first of all these games to come out?
yeah most definitely.  One of the companies we are just doing architectural visualization so we won't be doing games there. but the other is a game studio, but who knows when something will come out from there. lol

nnodley

Working on some new trees!

Legend

This is looking superb nnodley. Well done!

SWORDF1SH

I think I already asked before but you only plan a PC release right? I would absolutely love to play this if it was on PS4. Looks like my kinda game.

nnodley

I think I already asked before but you only plan a PC release right? I would absolutely love to play this if it was on PS4. Looks like my kinda game.
Yeah only PC for now.  I'm gonna watch reception of it and sales and see if it will be worth trying to port it to ps4.

Go Up