General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Legend

Xevross

Overhead drone shot released. Jesus, that's so bad. They got most artifacts out but are trying to save the building now, the towers on the west are the main worry. Fire needs to be stopped before it spreads to those towers.

Xevross

Fire has been contained enough that fire-fighters are confident the famous western towers are safe.

Legend

I'm going out to play tennis. I need a break from watching these streams  :'(

Dr. Pezus

Notre Dame is on fire. Central spire has collapsed.

Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris - BBC News
That's crazy. I was there just 3 years ago

Xevross

What do you consider the first day of the week? | ResetEra

I know Sunday is popular in the US, even though according to ISO-8601 Monday is obviously the correct international standard.
 So what do you consider the first day of the week?  
[/size]

I said y'all are crazy.

nnodley

Sunday!  It's the first day on the start of every row on a calendar.....so yeah.

Xevross

Sunday!  It's the first day on the start of every row on a calendar.....so yeah.
Because calendars are just following traditional ordering which comes from old religious shame.

My calendar on my laptop actually starts on monday, as does my phone calendar.

Legend

It's not even up for debate lol. Different cultures and societies can have different standards. In America, Sunday is the first day of the week.

It's really no different than asking about the number of continents. There are 5-7 continents depending on your culture/society.

the-pi-guy

It's all arbitrary.  

Xevross

It's not even up for debate lol. Different cultures and societies can have different standards. In America, Sunday is the first day of the week.

It's really no different than asking about the number of continents. There are 5-7 continents depending on your culture/society.
Look at this crazy person talk!

Dr. Pezus

DerNebel

Well there are people who say sunday (apparently??) and then there are people who are correct, that's pretty much all there is to it.  ;D

Legend

I love costco. 15 dozen eggs for under $10.

Go Up