I am proud of my marshmallows

Started by kitler53, Dec 08, 2020, 07:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Dec 08, 2020, 07:04 PM Last Edit: Dec 08, 2020, 07:08 PM by kitler53
yep. just a straight up brag thread.  this is my first time making "candy" though and i had some very yummy marshmallows on my first try and i'm feeling proud. 

pictures attached. 

...we need holiday themed "message icons".

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I never considered making marshmallows before. Those look great!

kitler53

I never considered making marshmallows before. Those look great!
i very much enjoy making christmas cookies.   

if i haven't mentioned it before my college degree is chemical engineering and cooking complex things (baking good, salads bad) scratches that "chemistry lab" itch that drew me to chemical engineering in the first place.  for me the more complex the better.  each year i bake several batches of cookies and i have my yearly favorites (sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies) but i also try to make at least 1 new one each year.   this year is peppermint marshmallows for use with hot chocolate.   

for me this was really fun and the results were very deliciousmarshmallows are always good but these are much lighter and softer than store bought.  i think this will be added to my yearly favorites.

darkknightkryta

Nice.  I want to make gingerbread cookies this year.  Not sure if its going to happen.

kitler53

Nice.  I want to make gingerbread cookies this year.  Not sure if its going to happen.
gingerbread is easy peasy as far as cookies go.   or i mean exactly the same as a sugar cookies.