Sony acquires Nixxes Software

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 01, 2021, 01:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

This is good news. Sony's porting strategy is set anyway, so having a dedicated team to do these ports and lift the weight off the creative talent at other studios is great news. Guerrilla themselves shouldn't be bothering with PC ports, for example.

kitler53

This is good news. Sony's porting strategy is set anyway, so having a dedicated team to do these ports and lift the weight off the creative talent at other studios is great news. Guerrilla themselves shouldn't be bothering with PC ports, for example.
it's a better strategy (for me) that what MS is doing.   

MS will be requiring every development studio to make games in tools design to prioritize multi-platform development making games cater to the lowest common denominator and increase dev time to ensure all platforms are tested and verified.

Sony will allow development studios to prioritize and optimize exclusively for playstation hardware.   then another team comes in to figure out how to make it work elsewhere gimping the game if necessary (skipping the title entirely if porting is too impossible) and doing the testing and verification.

...at least that's what i'm going to tell myself to make me feel better about my sony fanboyism.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Go Up