How's School?

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 12:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Personally I felt that Calculus was basically advanced algebra with some special sauce. 
Algebra:  m = ?y/?x   
This only works with lines though; then bam Calculus makes this thingy and it works with everything.  EVERYTHING*. 
Calculus: m = ?y/?x = ?f(x)/?x = (f(x1) - f(x))/(x1-x)  ::: x1 = x+h :::  (f(x+h) - f(x)) /(x+h-x)  ==== (f(x+h) - f(x))/(h)

*Not really everything. 

Yeah ditto.

Geometry was my only math class that I didn't feel was an expanson of algebra.

the-pi-guy

Yeah ditto.

Geometry was my only math class that I didn't feel was an expanson of algebra.

Yeah agreed.  I hated geometry tbh.  Though that was before I took math seriously.  Today I would do better with Geometry.

Xevross

School College be going great!

darkknightkryta

Personally I felt that Calculus was basically advanced algebra with some special sauce. 
Algebra:  m = ?y/?x   
This only works with lines though; then bam Calculus makes this thingy and it works with everything.  EVERYTHING*. 
Calculus: m = ?y/?x = ?f(x)/?x = (f(x1) - f(x))/(x1-x)  ::: x1 = x+h :::  (f(x+h) - f(x)) /(x+h-x)  ==== (f(x+h) - f(x))/(h)

*Not really everything. 

You're getting closer XD.  Algebra would be something like [1 1 | 1], the mechanical aspect got turned into matrices to speed up the process.  That calculus you wrote is the actual discrete notation.  But the theory remains: what is this graph to infinity?

the-pi-guy

You're getting closer XD.  Algebra would be something like [1 1 | 1], the mechanical aspect got turned into matrices to speed up the process.  That calculus you wrote is the actual discrete notation.  But the theory remains: what is this graph to infinity?

I hardly did any matrices in Algebra.  It was maybe a section or 2 near the end of the year. 

darkknightkryta

I hardly did any matrices in Algebra.  It was maybe a section or 2 near the end of the year. 

In university?

the-pi-guy

In university?

I have yet to take a math class in university. 
I tested out of Algebra, Geometry, Calculus I, Calculus II. 

NeverDies

I was never super good with math. I'd always misplace a value or mix up a step in solving an equation and mess the whole thing up.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

the-pi-guy

I was never super good with math. I'd always misplace a value or mix up a step in solving an equation and mess the whole thing up.

Really?  Hmmm, interesting. 

darkknightkryta

I have yet to take a math class in university. 
I tested out of Algebra, Geometry, Calculus I, Calculus II. 

Okay.  Yeah, I'm not sure how things are down in the U.S. but they really screwed up the Algebra course.  You're going to go into university and it's all Matrices.  Sad cause about 13 years ago the Algebra course in High School up here dedicated a huge portion into matrices. 

the-pi-guy

I found someone to read my psychology notes to me. 
Thanks Google [translator].  :)

the-pi-guy

My current classes are going awful.   I missed a lot of stuff, and am borderline. 

Scheduling my classes. 
If I don't take a computer science class this semester, I'll be a year behind.  But it'll be hard for me to get there. 
Also wondering if another class would be too much for me.  This next semester I'll be working less and doing more school I hope. 

darkknightkryta

My current classes are going awful.   I missed a lot of stuff, and am borderline. 

Scheduling my classes. 
If I don't take a computer science class this semester, I'll be a year behind.  But it'll be hard for me to get there. 
Also wondering if another class would be too much for me.  This next semester I'll be working less and doing more school I hope. 

Take a summer course?

the-pi-guy

Take a summer course?

I don't need to take any more classes.  Though I do want to, my issue is that I need to take specific classes to do other classes.  If not, I'll be a year behind. 

darkknightkryta

I don't need to take any more classes.  Though I do want to, my issue is that I need to take specific classes to do other classes.  If not, I'll be a year behind. 

That's what I mean though, take comp sci in summer so you're not behind.

Go Up