previous topic - next topic

Go Down

7H3

schools great! got my bs in cs last year! :P
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

I got my bs last year too!

the-pi-guy

Alright, so taking school online isn't really for me, but I gotta finish something at least. 

I slack a lot, so I'm not doing all my stuff when I should be, and I miss lectures. 

Ended up dropping a class, already.  :P

Next semester I'll be hopefully taking actual classes. 

the-pi-guy

*Goes to take Psychology quiz (15 minutes)*
*Quiz is actually a full test (70 minutes)*
*Test is due in 45 minutes*
*Takes 70 minute test in 45 minutes, crying on the inside*

Legend

*Goes to take Psychology quiz (15 minutes)*
*Quiz is actually a full test (70 minutes)*
*Test is due in 45 minutes*
*Takes 70 minute test in 45 minutes, crying on the inside*

I had something kinda like that. Misread a clock and thought I had 5 minutes left. Rushed rushed rushed and finished. Then only after I figured I still had 45 minutes left.

the-pi-guy

I had something kinda like that. Misread a clock and thought I had 5 minutes left. Rushed rushed rushed and finished. Then only after I figured I still had 45 minutes left.

During my placement testing, there were 2 different tests going on with 2 different end times.  I glance up and look at the wrong one and it was the same situation.  :P

the-pi-guy

I always feel anxiety when logging into my school site.  :P

darkknightkryta

Wasn't able to get into Calc III.  :(

Good, I wouldn't want to see Calculus and Algebra merge into a mess of a course.

Legend

I always feel anxiety when logging into my school site.  :P

Yeah I was the same way. You just hate to learn you missed something.

the-pi-guy

Good, I wouldn't want to see Calculus and Algebra merge into a mess of a course.

What?

the-pi-guy

Yeah I was the same way. You just hate to learn you missed something.

Lot's of times I know I missed something and I don't want to see how bad it was.

darkknightkryta

What?

Calculus and Algebra are just two different ways of doing the same math.  One is based on graph theory, the other is done mechanically.  They eventually merge together.  That's what Calculus 3 is.  I wouldn't be surprised if the discrete stuff starts showing up there.

the-pi-guy

Calculus and Algebra are just two different ways of doing the same math.  One is based on graph theory, the other is done mechanically.  They eventually merge together.  That's what Calculus 3 is.  I wouldn't be surprised if the discrete stuff starts showing up there.

Hmmm I never saw it like that. 

darkknightkryta

Hmmm I never saw it like that. 

Well my TA for Algebra mentioned that about the Calculus 3 course (Which I never took).  Though you can see a bit of it in high school Algebra when you study linear equations.  y-x+10 = 0 is a line on a plane, y = x - 10 is a line on a graph displaced 10 down.  Obviously it gets far more complex than that.  But the principle remains.

the-pi-guy

Personally I felt that Calculus was basically advanced algebra with some special sauce. 
Algebra:  m = ?y/?x   
This only works with lines though; then bam Calculus makes this thingy and it works with everything.  EVERYTHING*. 
Calculus: m = ?y/?x = ?f(x)/?x = (f(x1) - f(x))/(x1-x)  ::: x1 = x+h :::  (f(x+h) - f(x)) /(x+h-x)  ==== (f(x+h) - f(x))/(h)

*Not really everything. 

Go Up