How's School?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 12:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Microeconomics, Income Tax 1, Accounting and Business Information Systems.
Here's what I would do if I were in your position.
Take a break from your businessy classes.  I don't know if you're at a business-only school or what.  

But if you can take other courses, do so.  

Look for classes that are different from anything you've taken and sound interesting.
My college has all these and a few more.  
-Computer Science
-Anthropology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Math
-Biology
-Music
-Art
-Engineering
-Philosophy
-Sociology
-Psychology
-Politics

There's a lot of different types of classes in college, many of which are very different from anything I've ever had in school.  If you have any option to take any classes above that even remotely interest you, consider taking them.  
College is not just about chugging through school to get a degree, it's also about figuring stuff out about yourself.   Sometimes you find the subject you think you hate the most ends up being the most exciting.  Including subjects like math, though they aren't for everybody.

In the US, the average student changes their major 3 times.  It's not like they just go through college and finally get their degree doing what ever they started with.  

My girlfriend was originally going for Social work stuff, but found that it's not all it's cracked up to be.  Now she's doing nutrition stuff, and taking a lot of Chemistry, Biology classes and she's much happier.
If you don't know what you want to do for sure, just experiment.