[center][color=orange][size=36pt][font=SOFont]Sunset Overdrive[/font][/size][/color][/center]

Started by Raven, May 08, 2014, 02:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

It sounds like a total pain when compared to the ps4. How did ms botch it that badly. Also did you set your router up for the xbox?

Bu bu but, I thought Xbox Live was better than PSN?

Mmm_fish_tacos

How do you set up a router for the xbox?

Dunno, but I'm sure setting up port forwarding or dmz will help. You did that with your ps4 right?

nnodley

I read Ryse is near 1 hour to install and still have a 16GB patch... how much patch SO have? Forza Horizon 2 takes 40 min to install  too.

And the new MCC have a 20GB patch day one... I don't now how MS did that after the amazing patch system in 360... seems like a complete new team working from zero.

To be fair I was crazy with some 2GB patch on PS4 too but at least the install is fine.

I don't think SO has a patch yet, but the bundle I got came with a digital version of SO.  Which is a 22GB download.  Let me play at 25%, but only the first mission.  Then like an hour and a half later it let me play more.

As long as everything keeps downloading/installing while the xbox is off it should be good(couldn't find an option for anything about it).  I'm going out to eat in a bit so hopefully SO gets done and Ryse starts.

The halo patch is gonna be a baby to wait for.

nnodley

Dunno, but I'm sure setting up port forwarding or dmz will help. You did that with your ps4 right?

No I did not.  Everything downloads pretty quickly on my ps4 and it helps that sony has a better play go system in place too.

ethomaz

I don't think SO has a patch yet, but the bundle I got came with a digital version of SO.  Which is a 22GB download.  Let me play at 25%, but only the first mission.  Then like an hour and a half later it let me play more.

As long as everything keeps downloading/installing while the xbox is off it should be good(couldn't find an option for anything about it).  I'm going out to eat in a bit so hopefully SO gets done and Ryse starts.

The halo patch is gonna be a baby to wait for.

Some GAFers are having issues too...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920863

This is one of the methods to install "faster" and don't have issues:

1) Go to network -> Go offline
2) Put in the game disc, start installing
3) wait for the ENTIRE thing to install (get to 100%)
4) go online
5) start game, update comes up
6) download patch
7) Play game only after entire patch is downloaded.

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

Updates?

I'm having a blast with it!! Today was really the first day I was able to play it for a couple hours or so.  It gets freaking intense at times especially with the TNT teddy bear gun!  The grinding on powerlines and buildings is really fun and takes a bit to getting used to but is hella fun when you get it figured out. Starting to get my weapons upgraded and stuff helps a lot and adds a lot to gameplay.

Haven't done much on the story, but it's good so far and I'm digging the side quests too.

7H3

I want that game so badly... need to send my ps4 off for repair... might have to get xbox one in mean time... $50 price drop coming and all :P
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

Friend of mine tried it. He said it was good but not worth full price to him. He likes the art style and the action is fun but he felt it becoming boring after awhile.

darkknightkryta

I want that game so badly... need to send my ps4 off for repair... might have to get xbox one in mean time... $50 price drop coming and all :P

Don't do it!

Legend

Do it!

nnodley

The one thing I do not like about this game though is that the guy runs so slow! I know the game is all about the grinding and bouncing, but still, up the dudes speed on the ground! 

Mmm_fish_tacos

The one thing I do not like about this game though is that the guy runs so slow! I know the game is all about the grinding and bouncing, but still, up the dudes speed on the ground! 

How's the system?

nnodley

How's the system?

It's pretty good actually. The main UI is very nice looking and easy to use and I like the creating custom pins. Though a lot of options are just hidden too deep and takes time to go through the menus to find some things.  Overall the PS4 UI is easier and faster to navigate but they are both solid.  The xbox one is massive though, but it's not loud at all so that's good. Snap feature is really cool and I like being able to press the xbox button when I get an achievement so it brings up the achievement list on the side in snap mode.

Go Up